HealsFirst Encounter Cap Kills - A Novel.
No. Bad.

Very Shitty.

Don't do this.

Maybe do something to prevent more of this from happening?
Maybe a list in the game that adds players names when you fight them. If you fight someone for the first time and they aren't in this list, it increases their injury and flee roll by 1
My discord is Vi#6600
In reality, this is more a non-issue.

It's fantasy setting with a lot of conflict and combat, people die.

It's better to move onto something new and exciting when something like that happens, I've died on plenty of first encounter kills and while it's not always fun? It's a part of the game, you very well can't tell a player 'No.' for having the IC to kill someone.

See; Eustace a zealous Knight having the intention to kill an occultist which aimed to attack both him and Erika.
Putting something in place that outright tells a player "no" or prevents them from doing something they would do under normal circumstances takes away player agency and is a terrible thing. I get it, it's not fun to die to someone you've never personally met before; But there are a thousand reasons for these things to happen and a thousand reasons that these things DO happen. It sucks, of course, especially when you've put a lot of time and effort into a character, just to have them stripped away from somebody you have not a lot of interaction with; But alas, it is a part of the game, and sometimes, especially for higher-profile characters, these things happen.

The important thing to realize is that, in the case of newer players and those who have characters that are very new, we DO force cap 0 dangers or in some cases even 0 cap restraineds depending on the scenario. These things happen, and it's unfortunate; But it's important to remember that nobody forces anyone to sign up for raids or war fights if you don't want too, and the risk is always there if you decide to place yourself into a combat role, such as a demon or a Knight.

It's unfortunate, but removing player agency by holding their hand back and telling them "no no, sweetie, this isn't how we play the game" is not a great solution, at all.
I recall saying this on spires before - having someone make a thread about something I did - and let me tell you what I said last time.

"It happens."

R.I.P

[Quick edit]

I have asked plenty of times for there to be a system in place on that the system being this.

Free flees after battle. Every character has a free flee from another character once per year! - but at the next chance of the character meeting up with the person again and getting capped they are allowed to be killed - however if its a new year and the person caps them again they may do a secondary escape attempt - by /flee , or something like that I didn't really think about it that much but I am sure there is some way to work around it - I also think that will make more conflict as well as per people just going out in injuring people they have never fought before - over the years but eventually everyone dies anyway so.. /shrug/
What about Keiran vs Caritas? - People seemed to be really bummed out by that when it kind of correlates to what Hipster said at the end of his post.

I'm neutral on this.
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
(02-04-2020, 04:25 AM)Kazuki Wrote: What about Keiran vs Caritas? - People seemed to be really bummed out by that when it kind of correlates to what Hipster said at the end of his post.

I'm neutral on this.
Just because others disagree with a death doesn't mean admins or any system should step in and tell a player not to do 'X', which their character would otherwise act upon.

Mouses reply kind of explains my thoughts better, though.
(02-04-2020, 04:25 AM)Kazuki Wrote: What about Keiran vs Caritas? - People seemed to be really bummed out by that when it kind of correlates to what Hipster said at the end of his post.

I'm neutral on this.
shut up! protagonist!
Sorry, Tobi.
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
Weaklings. I capped a demon and let them go for dev purposes.
Topic Options