Detective100Suggestion to Block
Let us discuss block, as it is currently in the game.

Right now, block is 25%+ damage (or 33%, if that wasn't fixed), meant to be used more as a last resort defense, than a complete block.  (Not sure if the +25

However, it isn't much, when used to block moves that you can't otherwise avoid (either because they are homing, or you were CCed in a way that would not allow to dodge).
When it was 66%, however, there were complaints about sustain builds, which relied on using their sustain, activating their abilities and then block until the cooldowns end to win fights, which is a valid complain.

My suggestion is this, then:
Instead of block being a +x% DR that you can activate at any time and without any CD, and hold it up to infinite, to instead make it a more skill-based block.

Add in a CD, add in a maximum limit of how long you can hold on to the block (could be even just a second, or half a second), and increase the +X% DR, depending on either how long the CD is. (Somewhere between the 100%-75% range I think?)

That way, I think it can resolve both issues: Allow people to use block at the right moments where they are about to get hit without being able to avade, and still not allow sustain builds to rely on constant blocking to hits.

Not going to post numbers here myself yet, but you are welcome to discuss this here- I am simply bringing it up as a possibility for block.
Anything that makes block not shit is good in my book! Please do this.
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
blocking for too long while taking damage stuns you, like breaking a block
[Image: sRw0SQI.png][Image: unknown.png]
That is why it was mentioned that you block and it gets a CD for when you can block again so that block is more something of skill to achieve against attacks. The CD wouldn't be how long your will block last 'cause that would basically defeat the purpose of what they were trying to prevent with nature magi holding block while using their abilities.
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
Can we not make block a public 75-100% shield?.. Thatd be stupidly broken against some and utterly useless against others. It's fine the way it is. You almost never get punished for blocking because of how instant it is. When you block you know theres no way to avoid the attack that's coming. It's good that it's being kept at a low dr.
(01-30-2020, 07:58 PM)Teemo Wrote: Can we not make block a public 75-100% shield?.. Thatd be stupidly broken against some and utterly useless against others. It's fine the way it is. You almost never get punished for blocking because of how instant it is. When you block you know theres no way to avoid the attack that's coming. It's good that it's being kept at a low dr.

Not a shield. You'll still be stuck blocking while using block. The way I view it, one could compare it to iron body, with a much shorter duration.
As it currently stands, while a +25% is useful, it isn't enough to help against certain, high damaging homing moves (looking at you illusion and bang Big Grin), or against moves you can't dodge because you got CCed by something else.

The CD for how many times you can activate block can be altered to compensate if it seems too short/long (say, using block consequently to block multiple attacks in a row, which is not the intention.)
Keeping block nerfed is a positive tbh. It should never outshine a shield because it doesn't have a slot on the bar. Average shield is 40%, block being 33% or 25% is perfectly balanced. Any resistance of damage is a good thing in a fight, block should be considered a last resort if you can't dodge or don't have one of the myriad ways to not take damage.
Topic Options