Poll: Do you think E3 will benefit from RPL changes from 150 to 180 by 2rpl points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
71.11%
32 71.11%
No, ugly
28.89%
13 28.89%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Suggested, rpl gains change
The idea that increasing RPL gain makes people bolder is untrue in practice, as I've tried it and experimented a lot over the years. Rather, if anything, it likely has the opposite fact where it's a (very fast) race to 200RPL and nobody feels like they can do anything until they're in that category, because everyone else is. During the tests in Spires in particular, after upping the gains the overall number of 'dangerous' battles simmered down (which is a statistic that head admins can track), or just didn't really change at all, though there are naturally a lot of factors at work. 

Right now, an RPP at 200+ is worth 10 between 150 - 200. An RPP at 220+ is worth 50 RPP at 150 - 200.

A temporary increase in AP gain following a dangerous battle is something I've wanted to see. Would be better rather than awarding RPP directly.

I think, though... I'm mostly for making it 2 RPP at 150 - 180, but I am hesitant. The vast ranges in RPL and the sense of having actual progression again isn't something I want to lose because a handful of people prefer it being 'easy'. Maybe we'll still have the variation with that change. It's a drastic one, and not something that can be stepped away from after the fact.
I would very much appreciate even thought of the change - I have had many ideas on how to help it out as well - if were somehow able to work out the ap gains through age/rpl as saying like someone put into teens or young teens have it harder to gain rpl after a certain threshold is met.

But if there is let's say a 20 year old that was made at rpl 60 he would find himself rapidly getting to 160 so he is not outted by people at his age and discarded so easily - or even like finding himself at a disadvantage to a kid character with less experience then him.
Kids get reduced DR so their higher RPL barely matters-- Young teens take at least 50% more damage.
And I think if you're under 12 you get reduced AP as is, but I wouldn't know for sure about that.

All that said, you'll be hard pressed to find a young teenager beating an adult unless the adult is completely brand new and hasn't gotten much yet.
Reaching 200RPL Shouldn't be seen as some kind of rush, but instead it should be a natural climb over the course of your character. I sincerely am against the idea of raising the amount of RPP gained/making it easier simply due to the fact people don't enjoy Roleplaying out their characters weaker stages in a roleplaying game.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the variety in RPL we have in the game at the moment which we lacked in spires, it's reminiscent of Eternia 1. I'd even be for the check requirements from 150-200 being upped, same for 200-220 and 220.+ Lower RPL fights / Moments tend to be that much more enjoyable and spark more creative roleplay in my eyes.
double ap weekend
I am unopposed to leaving it as is. As ive seen from my day 1 char to when he hit 200 it was only 3 weeks of active rp. starting at 13of age with no boosts then making it to exactly 200. I wasn't in any rush and a lot of the time I was writing apps or revising and trying to make use of the journal (which I no longer use because I never saw it be fruitful) my climb was enjoyable and proactive. I cared more for what my character was doing, when, how and why. I took the numbers out of my mind and focused more on their development, bonding between other players and how I could help my friends develop.

it comes down to the mindset of who is playing. yes it is disheartening to feel like the only one below 200 because you cant tell, but it all resides with who sits behind the screen and how you write your story. Please leave rpp gains alone because it will not change a thing or be retroactive for who is already over 200 while we have an amount who are and had to push through what we had now.
idk i started at 13 and hit 200 by 17 and felt the pace was well enough as is if I’m being perfectly honest. mind you, I didn’t have and still do not have a massive roleplaying drive these days and still managed that. I even had day long breaks from Anathe & Ralt.

As much as I hate seeing 1’s at 150+, all this will do is cause an influx of young teens to teen characters to hit 200+ early. Especially for people who are crazy good at “the grind” or very inspired.

Edit:

If anything, I think gains should become unreasonable by 210+. I honestly hate seeing 220+ rpl chars unless they’re in their “Adult” (30+) years of life.

Edit:

I accidentally voted yes because my iphone is stinky trash
Meant to vote no, srry
[Image: a1c5821151379249915fc28ad734e73f.png]
Just here to state my two cents on the matter-

So I'm by all technical standards a brand new player; only starting just three days ago (might be four as of today I'm not sure) after only just downloading Byond. So I don't pull any weight nor do I assume to be extremely knowledgeable about the mechanics of the game as a whole, even still- I went from 80RPP w/ a 22 Year Old start, and climbed to 144 as of yesterday- so I never even thought there was an issue with the RPP system.

While Solo Rp-ing only gains you a small bit of RPP ex, I found the more I immersed myself into my characters alone time I'd be closer to getting the next drop. This goes for journal entries as well. It should also be said that the majority of my playtime had been spent exploring and getting a layout of the land, at times stopping to hand out research papers, or anything else pertinent to my characters current goal. As time progressed and I began making a name, I found people would recognize me and interact with me IC in ways that could affect my character in small ways.

This may just be all semantics- but I just wanted to have my two cents thrown into this dialogue.
:eyes:
Topic Options