HealsHeal's DMing for the Masses
Heart 
Come one, come all!
Due to what I’ve heard about a lack of DMs in this game Heals is looking to DM anyone and everyone! Well, mostly!

Things I will DM:
  • Cool adventures!
  • Exotic locales!
  • Religious theming!
  • Interesting, personal stories!
  • Osrona related stories!
Things I wont DM:
  • MuH iNnEr DaRkNeSs edge plots involving like massacring villages or whatever.
  • Things associated with the supposed main plot (Order and Moonfall events).
Subject to change, but in short I’m looking to DM smaller, more heroic stories of exploration and wonderment.

DM me on Discord: Healsgood#2718
Key/Character: Audrogues/Caitlyn Aballi
Which Event: https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/forum/s...n=lastpost

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): The responses were fairly swift, I can't complain.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): I think the EC could've been a little stronger but I think that's a mixture of the DM getting a feel for things again and the fact it's a fairly tame event so I think it was fine for what it was and it was entertaining regardless. The obstacles/traps were pretty fair and fun too.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It was really good actually, the posts were nice and detailed and set the atmosphere quite well and I enjoyed it a lot personally.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Yeah it was pretty fair I'd say.

Overall: 10/10 Would want them as a DM for every event. They're chill and fun to hang out with too so that's a plus.

Any other comments: I have the high ground.
Key/Char: RadiantEnvoy/Galynn Sulis

Which Event: The Frozen Ring

Responsiveness: 10/10, even if there was a small wait it was for quality that was appreciated.

Balanced: The EC/Obstacles were fine overall I think, given the difficulty of the event.

Storytelling: This event and the one(s) to come after have a lot of relevance to my characters past, and I appreciate all of the quality, thought, and detail put into the narrations and the overall story.

Fairness: 11/10

Overall: 10/10 Would almost be crushed under an avalanche again.

Any other comments: The frostpups had the high ground.
Key/Character: Tobiken/Kaiser
Which Event: Journey To The Dark Below

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): It was pretty quick, and the quality of the narrates were nice also.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The balance was pretty good considering they were going against two people with sand and another person with pyroclasm, and a metal user. The boss fight was pretty challenging too.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): In all honesty, I was sort of multitasking but even so, I enjoyed the narrative.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): The rewards were nice considering the risk.

Overall: 10000/10, would have them DM again.

Any other comments: I was multitasking heavy, so I was sort of rushing things, unfortunately. Even so, I enjoyed most of it.
Key/Character: Jash/Vargas Beoulve

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Responses were done well and in a timely manner.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): First EC was a push-over, but after the dm had experience with how our party fought, the second one was much more balanced and challenging.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Story telling was good overall, nothing to complain about. I liked it.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): The rewards went crazy, some cold shit fr.

Overall: One of the best DMs I've had, this event was cold.

Any other comments: Healsgood, more like DMsgood
Key/Char: Veronica
Which Event: The Journey to the Dark Below
Responsiveness: 10/10

Balanced: 10/10 It was good for the Difficulty of the Quest!

Storytelling: Very compelling! It kept me on my toes!

Fairness: 10/10

Overall: 10/10 Very Fun! I'd gladly have her run my events again~!
Hello, this is heal's experimental DMing roll system. It's been tested twice, but it's subject to revisions. Maybe eventually I'll also make a EC balancing thing (once I have more practice and feel comfortable doing such).

Rules
Failing a roll against a trial (trap or puzzle) inflicts a 1 day temp. Most events are 3-5 trials, most being 3.
Rolling a 1 on a d6 after going down during a round of combat results in a temporary wound. Injuries stack, with a worsening length (1day, 4day, 12day) per injury. After the third injury, they take a perm.
If someone rolls a 6 on the wound d6 or during a trial RPing specifically shielding someone else, they are allowed to take someone else’s injury, though if they RP that they are explicitly shielding someone else, they take the hit.
After half of the trials (rounded up), they are allowed to use healing items such as lax essence / healing potion / medic. The DM will inform the party when they're able to.
These rules get more stringent for higher then chance of injury, and chance of death has a character die if they take a perm after they've taken two perms from the event already.

Experimental Stat System For D&Dificiation (d100 system /rnd 1 100)
Vitality represents sheer tenacity and determination - if the PCs roleplay tanking through or taking something head on, they roll and add this to their roll. Physical/Mental Resistance will work off of Vitality.
Power represents sheer magical force - if the PCs roleplay doing something that hinges on the pure strength of their magic ie blowing up something they roll and add their base power to the roll. Perception will also work off of power.
Agility represents sheer evasive ability - if the PCs roleplay doing something that hinges on their ability to dodge or avoid something or do something fast, they roll and add their base agility to the roll.
Mana represents sheer magical endurance - if the PCs roleplay holding a power or doing a complex magical process, they roll and add this minus 50! Magical Resistance will work off of Mana.
Items to help / sound logic / smart plans allows the DM to make the check easier (almost always by one category)
Bad plans or terrible circumstances allows the DM to make the check harder (almost always by one category)..

Example Difficulty Table (Subject to revisions and improvements and re-describing.)
Name              Roll               Description
Moderate       100                These are actions that require a little bit of knowledge or experience to accomplish consistently – like picking a simple 
                                                  lock or curing a bothersome cold. Low tier (100-150 RPL).
Difficult          150                These are very problematic actions for an ordinary person. They require a good deal of ability or uncommon luck to 
                                                 perform – such as scaling a sheer, high wall unaided or doing circus-level juggling. Low tier (100-150 RPL).
Very Difficult210                This is the upper limit of difficulty a normal person can hope to surmount. Examples would be walking a high-wire or 
                                                 doing death-defying trapeze routines. Mid tier (150-200 RPL).
Absurd           230                 Only the greatest non-magi champions or the incredibly gifted can accomplish such challenging tasks with any 
                                                  regularity. Quickly analyzing every possible move on a chess board is one example. Mid tier (150-200 RPL).
Almost Impossible 260      Even the very best normal person world find these actions very difficult, and they usually fail. Catching a fly with a 
                                                   pair of chopsticks while blindfolded might be one example. High tier (200+ RPL)
Impossible     280                These actions stand at the margin of what a normal person would call reality, but which, however miraculous or 
                                                  unbelievable, are at least physically conceivable. Dodging a bullet by calculating its trajectory is one example. High 
                                                  tier (200+ RPL)
Inhuman         300                These are actions that are beyond logic of a normal person, such running 100 yards in two seconds, or scoring a 17 on 
                                                  18 holes of golf. The max a normal magi can theoretically get with 200 in a stat plus a roll of 100.

Here's a sample event request to showcase how this system operates (and how i write event requests):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cikl...sp=sharing
Key/Char: Alphonse Sabiene

Responsiveness: 10/10, definitely a good experience for every character, reactions given to each effort. No complains there!

Balanced: All fine! Some EC's were a bit difficult, I believe due to some issues with mechanically balancing them. Still, it was nothing that wasn't doable and the risks reflected that.

Storytelling: The story told for this event was great, unexpected and fun. Plenty of action and mystery, exactly what we were looking for. This ties in with responsiveness as well, it was all very rewarding to have your character's actions considered and reacted to. Never failed.

Fairness: Fair enough for me, for sure.

Overall: 10/10 No complaints at all, it was fun and the rewards were great. I enjoyed it a lot and would definitely be asking you to DM again soon!

Any other comments: HealsDM is the shit.
Key/Char: Kelly Kirk

Responsiveness: Ten out of ten, nothing took extremely long, and every interaction was noted.

Balanced: The final boss was a bit too difficult, but I think that was due to a bug with him.

Storytelling: The story was pretty good. The twist of the 'necromancy' the antagonist employed being a mimicry (rune based, if I remember right) was interesting, too.

Fairness: It was pretty fair.

Overall: This was my very first event, and it was pretty good! I'd take another Heals-ran event any day.

Any other comments: Nothing extra, I pretty much summed up my opinion already.
Wrong thing my bad .
Topic Options