Enigmatic OutlookI love this game, but...
(06-27-2020, 07:55 AM)Gab Wrote: All these points need support and validation, but there is one in particular that should possibly be urgently addressed:

The power creep is too real, specially as, in opposition to most of Spires' lifespan, progressing far past 200 has become a walk in the park, and 220 becomes the hard cap. There needs to be a more glaring limitation not at how fast PCs are able to climb, but rather, how high.

Actually, anybody who's currently 220+ can actually attest that it's a bottomless pit at that point.

You hardly progress, if at all. It's actually very easy to get to 200 RPL, but at that point, it becomes rough to reach 220 - and after you hit 220+, enjoy your 1 RPL every 2-3 IC years of consistent roleplaying and a danger check.

TLDR you see long developed chars already in their 30's and they're barely 225 or around that
If you're a 210+/day one character/faction leader or significant figure, stop thirstganking and patrolling in goon squads... please...
(06-27-2020, 07:58 AM)Moloch Wrote: If you're a 210+/day one character/faction leader or significant figure, stop thirstganking and patrolling in goon squads... please...

A-fucking-men,
My man.
(06-27-2020, 07:55 AM)Gab Wrote: All these points need support and validation, but there is one in particular that should possibly be urgently addressed:

The power creep is too real, specially as, in opposition to most of Spires' lifespan, progressing far past 200 has become a walk in the park, and 220 becomes the hard cap. There needs to be a more glaring limitation not at how fast PCs are able to climb, but rather, how high.

... I strongly disagree with this. I haven't really gotten past 220-223 RPL either pre-ts, or even now despite how frequently I rp. Compared to Spires where I hit 260-270 before I died. If nothing else, it's become the opposite (but that also isn't a bad thing?).
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
The fact they’re rpl 225 at 30 years old is an issue in on itself
I don't think you understand how slow it becomes after 210 and even 220....

You literally have to do a lot...I'm starting to think that you don't rp much on here, Danteric.
(06-27-2020, 07:57 AM)Dreamspeaker Wrote:

TLDR you see long developed chars already in their 30's and they're barely 225 or around that

I believe that's actually what makes up for most of the issue, actually. The rates at which we earn checks feel somewhat samey, but... remember when decimals were a thing? PCs that have been around for very long are already an abyss of strength away from most new characters, with every other perk they will have engrossed included, but actually earning a whole RP Level feels like way too substantial a reward.

Of course there should be a disparity between a veteran or ancient character and a more inexperienced one, but I feel as if reaching 220 has become commonplace and no longer the big deal it used to/should be. This, I think, has birthed the dislike that a parcel of our playerbase and administration hold towards aged characters.

as an addendum: I don't really have evidence, and this is mostly what I believe to be the case, as I have noticed 220+'s popping here and there in place of what I felt used to be an uncommon trend. my take on it might be unrealistic!
220 hasn’t been an impressive achievement for two years at least.
it's on demon antagonists to organize themselves and find IC solutions to IC problems. you can't really blame the average character for not wanting to sit down and have a lengthy conversation with a giant spider - their natural response will be to fight or to run, most of the time

i've not seen many demons killed. very few actuall. we have a log of every dangerous/deadly rpb that takes place which means it isn't like we're missing anything. the last one is even a demon beating someone in an RPB it looks like?

what i would like to see a large dark forest in the north west that can be entered through a warper, and with a handful of private areas that'd be a good hideout. if you get 225 rpl's just idling there to gank, then they'll be at risk of 2v1 since it's loosely demon "territory". something like that?
It's particularly silly to keep bringing up this 'aged' argument when this 'argument' really...Hasn't been much of a thing since E1? I really don't count the ending of E2 because 2x and 3x ap was a thing and that's just a whole other 'bag' of sheningans to get into. A lot of these arguments towards power-creep seems non-effective, especially since you're kind of 'forced' into a certain niche with advancements nowadays..

Unless you go monkey and do what people do when they want a bar filled with homings.
Topic Options