Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Egomaniacal - 11-22-2022

(11-19-2022, 10:52 PM)Iceshadow Wrote: now it's time for my real post

ice gets an intermediate invuln, similar to volcanic barrier or quite literally volcanic barrier

ice block - encase yourself in ice, create a small aoe around that slows, mild damage (intermediate, ice has no intermediates)

make mist form an intermediate, shits ridiculous for dips, or just move it from opener so mist form costs 40 rpp essentially (water opener 10 rpp, mist opener 20 rpp, mist form, 10 rpp). replace the opener with steam burst, no one is going to use it anyways.

lightning embodiment should become cc immune similar to mist form. not a cleanse though, not that good you're quite literally intangible lightning. basically mist form with damage, (but for balance sake, its just dr and not invuln)

i know u all hate it when i spit facts, but this is how it should be.

also dash strike and advection are both shorter than their tool tips. buff advection. 23s CD and 8 tile dash strike, man what da hell. dash strikes reads 12 and is also 8 (but dash strike is useless so no one would notice this buff anyways, hehe :3c)

every base elemental branch* more or less has one invulnerable. water has mist form, fire has magma shell, air has green and fat mist, etc, etc. 
ice would debalance that.

EDIT: I'm fucking wrong, poison is nature now. fuck i'm old, uhhh-... buff air. I guess?

make mist form an intermediate though, people dip hard. including me.

the rest is spot on. Though if lightning embodiments gets cc immune, hit twister (tornado?) with it too.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - BabyFatJesus - 11-22-2022

Let's make shadow walk an intermediate too while we are here.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Sanguine415 - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 02:51 AM)BabyFatJesus Wrote: Let's make shadow walk an intermediate too while we are here.

Smog too. Even as a shadow walk user, I can admit that it's far too easy to dip for invulns in this current meta. Doubly so if a nephilim.

I'm a big fan of making all of the invulnerability spells intermed.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Shadovarn - 11-22-2022

No. I need them to stay where they are for my four invuln build.

Down with Shadovarn's war crime build.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Shadovarn - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 02:54 AM)BabyFatJesus Wrote: Down with Shadovarn's war crime build.

So, if I remember my math right, I can go nephilim.
Grab True Counter
Grab Dpalm
I think itll be next as shadow walk, smog and I think misform. Maybe another.

Then you max out your agi. I mean, go all in on agi as best you can. Then profit as you cycle your five invulns constantly.

Drink a magibane for extra effect.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - DanteriusAvius - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 03:02 AM)Shadovarn Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 02:54 AM)BabyFatJesus Wrote: Down with Shadovarn's war crime build.

So, if I remember my math right, I can go nephilim.
Grab True Counter
Grab Dpalm
I think itll be next as shadow walk, smog and I think misform. Maybe another.

Then you max out your agi. I mean, go all in on agi as best you can. Then profit as you cycle your five invulns constantly.

Drink a magibane for extra effect.

A build even I can win with.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Cotillion - 11-22-2022

Smog actually costs more than other invulnerabilities, you would have to actually make the other basics in poison not awful if you're going to force people to go up to intermed and the same is true of other trees.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - StarMann - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 02:22 AM)MuscleWizzard Wrote: Holy is now 20 power 5%dr

Just to correct this, Holy is still 30 pow and 5%DR.