Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - OneBrainCell - 10-30-2022

(10-18-2022, 09:51 PM)OneBrainCell Wrote: I come here to plead for the barrier aura because holy moly... 

The barrier aura as it stands is 10% DR and 15 power, meanwhile the base holy aura is 5% DR and 30 power. It honestly doesn't feel much like an upgrade and just sacrificing one thing for another. 

This is my request to please return it to 10% DR and 30 power especially since the DR buff on top of the AOE no longer exists and the AOE time is shortened.

Hello, here again to plead for barrier aura. I really hate the fact I have to use the base holy aura over the barrier aura to make any headway in battle because the barrier aura is not worth it. 

Please make the barrier aura an actual upgrade deserving of a fate tree and not something that is 'trade power for DR'.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Carbon - 10-31-2022

Time Jammer needs to have its range decreased, the current spawn range is so massive and random that the spell is inconsistent and kinda wonky. If you use it at the edge of an rpb box it spawns outside of it. Perhaps the spell could be remade to have either;

A) a smaller range but same amount of cicles
B) reworked to work like spike trap (but visible), make the circles bigger and act like traps similar to springs bloom that slow / maybe apply some cc if you enter it but don’t do any dmg.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 11-03-2022

Sparkbomb from Plasma.

It's damage is laughable given how you need to stick close to the enemy in order to damage them. Even if you somehow stick close to them, the total damage is mediocre at best for its cd (34 seconds), and the move isn't even gcde to boot.

Give it some love, there is a reason why there are so many plasma users - And none of them had decided to use sparkbomb.

More damage, less CD, something nice  Cool

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Iceshadow - 11-03-2022

(11-03-2022, 06:55 AM)Detective100 Wrote: Sparkbomb from Plasma.

u realize it gives u -dr right

it instantly opens you up to more damage on contact

if it’s the spell im thinking about. no more fire plasma or explo buffs please god

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Grit - 11-03-2022

(11-03-2022, 03:10 PM)Iceshadow Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 06:55 AM)Detective100 Wrote: Sparkbomb from Plasma.

u realize it gives u -dr right

it instantly opens you up to more damage on contact

if it’s the spell im thinking about. no more fire plasma or explo buffs please god

I think ur talking about plasma strike or w/e it’s called, idk if sparkbomb gives -dr tho

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 11-03-2022

Unless you can prove it to me that sparkbomb inflicts -dr and can state how much, only move that causes -dr in plasma is plasma strike, which is decent.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - LiefDeltora - 11-06-2022

Decrease Minefield duration.

Damage is fine, area is fine, KB is fine.
But it lasts for too long.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - FireStartingSnake - 11-06-2022

(11-06-2022, 04:10 AM)LiefDeltora Wrote: Decrease Minefield duration.

Damage is fine, area is fine, KB is fine.
But it lasts for too long.

If minefield had a shorter duration but faster rotation that'd make it healthier for the game I imagine.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 11-06-2022

As I said before: If you want to nerf Minefield's duration? On one condition.

Just have the mines spawn evenly throughout the user to compensate.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Moloch - 11-06-2022

there's nothing to compensate for that move is bizarre, especially if you get close to the enemy and activate it somewhere close to point-blank range

it'll multi-tick an absurd number of times at once, even if no actual projectiles have made it onscreen yet. couple that with how oppressive its uptime is and you have yourself a move worth looking at extensively