Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lammy - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 04:31 AM)Simonh2000 Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 04:22 AM)Mallow Wrote: nerf light speed nerf light speed nerf light speed

if saltahiel ends up winning every single verb in this scene rn i swear to god nerf this shit

give it an indictaor
nerf the range
make it something rather than just instant whip/pyro/energy beam combo bro PLEASE

don't assassin's shroud and storm aura give the exact same effect, except instead of being a spell it replaces your dash with a teleport-behind-you-nothing-personnel-kiddo move?

I'm not saying teleports aren't super strong, but like. I don't see why light speed in particular is a problem

with teleports, there is a fixed range where you have to do it which make it predictable and easy to block or something of the like and counter it.

Lightspeed has a 15 range, making it so that if you stay in basically the center of the RPB box, you're able to go to someone in the corner and do a pyro/whip/stun combo into something that takes 30% of your health bar.

lowering the range would be a good, healthy start for it, giving it an indicator would be swell too, or even knawlidge who uses it would be cool as well.

does that make sense?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Dreamspeaker - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 04:29 AM)Knawlidge Wrote: Here’s a lightspeed suggestion.

Make it share a GCD with any stun style spell- like how Dashstrike makes venodash go on GCD.

When someone lightspeeds, it makes pyro/whips take GCD as well

[Image: sad-troll-face-depressed-trollface.gif]

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - MuscleWizzard - 09-19-2022

[Image: rip-bozo.gif]

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Raihex - 09-19-2022

I managed to nerf the only counter to my previous build.
Time to drink that Rebirth.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - VibeEntertainment - 09-19-2022

Whip Beams are still as good as they were in E3. Where people were openly expressing dislike for the combo with how it works rn.

Mainly Water Whip>Dragon(or Water Beam)> Tidal(17 SD) or by some grace of god someone has Tsunami rn (forgot how much SD it was)

All of this can quite literally takee 20% or more of someones HP in one skill rotation.

Like, I get CC combo builds are a thing since Metal and Sand kind of set up these ideas. (Using one of them previously being Sand/Water and Sand catching a nerf due to it)

It just feels like if you land a whip or as what happend earlier land a stun you can get free dmg instantly. You can't cleanse these.

When whip lands you're eating a full combo. (Yeah ofc you can try and out run/avoid/outplay) But the same can be said about Lightspeed if you telegraph it and use a spell to avoid the stun or whip... but look at how difficult an RPB just became for you with this in mind?

When stun lands you're eating a full combo. (Currently used stun is Pyroclasm which has a decently sized AOE as used by Pyro/Plasma Beam combo users into Impact Cannon or w/e else) With the more recent Light Speed>Pyro>E.Beam>Impact Cannon combo being utilized in Aphros.

Like... I remember when I was on my Ebonblooded IC during E3...

I did Lightspeed, Sanctified Flash, E.Beam.

This combo was shadow nerfed making it so Sanctified flash only worked with Fatal (Which was a good change mind you)

Maybe make it so stuns, can't chain into beams... because it leads to a really unfortunate meta where it's impossible to counterplay unless you have a specific kit/set of trees.

Like having warcry on hand, shadow walk or mist form maybe. Even then people can bait these invuls/cc immunities out of you by just strafing which is really easy to do.

I don't know. As most people has said, not being able to play the game while someone is free casting on you until 20-30% HP is gone due to 1 combo then they sit back on their defensive aspects of the build while you play catch up till they do it again seems unfortunate.

But, I never fought it to know how I myself would play around it. But if I had to go off the top of my head.

As an armed user you could play around Lightspeed by holding onto Phantom strikes... (aka Telegraphing it and staying off screen mashing the Phantom Strikes key which would cause this interaction..)
They TP, you phantom and they blow stun you're free to do w/e afterwards avoiding the combo. But, for other people you... can't really do much here.

Like it's fine for a stun to lead into other spells that would y'know just be a quick 1, 2 combo. But stuns into beams should be looked at probably.

Auto hit builds or kiters are another story. (Buff armed...)

Sustains don't seem strong at all right now. It seemed like that bane has finally set sail.

P.S - Visual exmaple of what happens when you get hit with a beam or stun for reference. (Probably took a lot crits here but...)

[Image: 38ce1bdb5107af561c847614503ff130.png]

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Raihex - 09-20-2022

As the number one hated Lightspeed abuser at the moment (exaggeration), I'll just talk about Lightspeed for a moment, and why it worked so well that I managed to chainverb 3 people.

Yes. Lightspeed deserved a nerf. That's why I picked it, to somewhat show people how broken it can be if used right. Let's ignore the timing being somewhat terrible considering I had no time to adjust to the changes and practice the range for 50 more restrained battles to get an idea of where my kill range is before my inevitable deadly 6. I personally would have preferred it being nerfed after all the people in random skirmishes got bent in half. But we're not new to balance being decided on a whim, and I'm somewhat glad for that, 'cause anyone can change the balance as long as they go out of their way to attack someone of importance.

So, here's a few points.

Light's actually fun to play, it's strong as fuck. It incorporates mind play into the game, and I hate fighting Bog 'cause he's the only player (currently) who thinks instead of just smashing down his opponent with autohits. Our battle came down to the wire, and the only reason I won is 'cause:

You don't have to use Lightspeed.
You can hold onto it. The threat is there. As long as it's off-CD, the opponent is quaking in their boots. The pattern I've noticed is, you dash to them, they dash away. Kiters do that a lot. So, hold onto that Lightspeed > Pyroclasm. Play a little game with them. That's how you land the 30% HP combo. Give it 1 more minute, and you're gucci.

When paired with zoning tools like Explosive Minefield, knockbacks, and slows, you can kite out the opponent while not taking any damage past autohits and wait for your combo to be off-CD yet again.

Basically, having a Lightspeed combo puts an ace in your hand and it's fucked how much power you have against your opponent.

Lightspeed being nerfed to 10 range doesn't change anything. The fear's still there. All you have to do is adjust to the range. This nerf is kind of useless. What I suggest instead is...

Lightspeed to be higher CD than stuns that are problematic with it (Pyroclasm, Whips, Bone Lance, Binding Desert Burial, etc.) Revert the range nerf. Make it 34s CD.
There you go. That's enough GCD time for the opponent to play around with.

Now, instead of focusing on Lightspeed, focus on zoning tools that makes Armed a non-existent tree in the meta.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - FireStartingSnake - 09-24-2022

Water Spirit Racial should cost 0 RPP.

Currently it costs 5 RPP but it is kinda useless, it does little healing and dies kinda quick to a lot of builds. Only reason why people take it and myself is because it's a huge part of sirenia IC.

Other races of the same RPL requirement (giants and fae) get their powerful racials for 0 RPP.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - VibeEntertainment - 09-24-2022

(09-24-2022, 06:26 AM)FireStartingSnake Wrote: Water Spirit Racial should cost 0 RPP.

Currently it costs 5 RPP but it is kinda useless, it does little healing and dies kinda quick to a lot of builds. Only reason why people take it and myself is because it's a huge part of sirenia IC.

Other races of the same RPL requirement (giants and fae) get their powerful racials for 0 RPP.

and dies kinda quick

Spirits are practically invulnerable to all magics except those that directly harm the soul. <===== Water Spirit Lore. (Make them like mandrakes and also take 0 dmg... please)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - DanteriusAvius - 09-24-2022

Sorry, what racial do Faeborne get that cost 0 rpp?

Speaking as a Faeborne and looking at my racial list, there isn’t one.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 09-24-2022

(09-24-2022, 11:04 AM)VibeEntertainment Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 06:26 AM)FireStartingSnake Wrote: Water Spirit Racial should cost 0 RPP.

and dies kinda quick

Spirits are practically invulnerable to all magics except those that directly harm the soul. <===== Water Spirit Lore. (Make them like mandrakes and also take 0 dmg... please)

While I disagree with making it cost 0 RPP, having the spirit become intangible to all spells may be a good idea, so that it'll act more like a toggle buff.
It'll also allow sirenians with ice magic to use glacier without having to worry that their own water spirit will block the spell they spent a master on  Dodgy