Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 11-25-2021

Up until now, I never knew devouring winds gives 5% ap... All this time, I thought it was just a toggle for the pulling damage. That is... That is bonkers, man.

As for Bolt though? It is actually isn't the best homing out there at the moment. In my opinion, that would be push in terms of damage relative to CD.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Milly - 11-25-2021

Devouring winds doesn't give 5% AP.
Source: I'm on Blair and just checked.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Cloutio2x - 11-25-2021

5% power I believe which is like 5% of ur base power

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Avajain - 11-25-2021

devouring winds gives 10 power, directly, not ap. as far as i can tell.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Friendliest - 02-16-2022

Jab does not consistently deal damage if used at max range. Only damage can come from casting it point blank.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Touc - 02-21-2022

WHY ON EARTH DOES STYX SELF CONFUSE

IF A SPELL ACTIVELY HURTS ME AND REDUCES MY CHANCES OF WINNING A VERB, IT BETTER BE GIVING ME SOMETHING GOOD IN EXCHANGE AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why use this spell over any other AOE? It doesn't even do good damage! IT'S NOT EVEN A PARTICULARLY LARGE AOE! IT'S ABSOLUTELY TINY SO IT'S RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT TO HIT

But guess who gets hit by it if you whiff it despite its size!? That's right, you! The person who cast it in the first place! And even if you do hit it, is the upside of hitting your opponent for a few thousand damage worth self-confusing?

Why wouldn't you use better spells? Like, for instance, Fall: 30x Gravity, which deals 10 damage on a much lower cooldown /and/ which slows your enemy /and/ which is easy to hit? Why not just use that? Why would you ever not use that (or another AOE spell since they're all probably better) instead of hard-to-hit, self-confusing, low-damage STYX of all things?

What an obscene spell. I'm genuinely offended by how godawful it is.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EDIT: The best part? It's on a 40 second cooldown. 40 seconds for a tiny spell that confuses you and doesn't even do good damage. If you really want Styx to self-confuse, make it like Fog Bank and give it a tiny cooldown so you can just spread it all over the battlefield.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - icedstorm - 02-22-2022

(02-21-2022, 10:27 PM)Touc Wrote: WHY ON EARTH DOES STYX SELF CONFUSE

IF A SPELL ACTIVELY HURTS ME AND REDUCES MY CHANCES OF WINNING A VERB, IT BETTER BE GIVING ME SOMETHING GOOD IN EXCHANGE AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why use this spell over any other AOE? It doesn't even do good damage! IT'S NOT EVEN A PARTICULARLY LARGE AOE! IT'S ABSOLUTELY TINY SO IT'S RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT TO HIT

But guess who gets hit by it if you whiff it despite its size!? That's right, you! The person who cast it in the first place! And even if you do hit it, is the upside of hitting your opponent for a few thousand damage worth self-confusing?

Why wouldn't you use better spells? Like, for instance, Fall: 30x Gravity, which deals 10 damage on a much lower cooldown /and/ which slows your enemy /and/ which is easy to hit? Why not just use that? Why would you ever not use that (or another AOE spell since they're all probably better) instead of hard-to-hit, self-confusing, low-damage STYX of all things?

What an obscene spell. I'm genuinely offended by how godawful it is.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EDIT: The best part? It's on a 40 second cooldown. 40 seconds for a tiny spell that confuses you and doesn't even do good damage. If you really want Styx to self-confuse, make it like Fog Bank and give it a tiny cooldown so you can just spread it all over the battlefield.

styx is a really good AOE, the confuse is light so it doesn trelaly bother you. It's built for people who have the CC or slow potential (insectomancey) to optimize on it. Styx also does a lot of damage and it lasts for a very long time. It lasts as long as one of those mist AOEs that you can just spam.

I use it very well and so does another certain poison user. Fall is not a good example at all because it isn't a tick damage AOE, but it's a massive fuck off spell that has been (rightfully so) nerfed into the ground

you just gotta learn how to learn how to use it my man. though idk if it is a bug that it self confuses. Maybe it was meant to who knows.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Touc - 02-28-2022

Demon summons are cute but they suck in comparison to anything else you can get. They're flimsy (unlike all the other summons), they block your path with collision (unlike all other summons) and they don't even do good damage nor do they debuff to make up for those two things. And they're a Master-level spell that costs 10 RPP. Why ever pick them over the public summons (which are much better) unless you want to go all-in on the aesthetic?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Exiled Crystal - 03-14-2022

Following the suggestion to nerf acid spray, here's a gif that demonstrates acid spray's uncanny ability.

click here to seeĀ gif

(gif is a little slow at the start, keep on watching.)

as you can see, it lasts longer than twenty seconds (probably more), and can be repeatedly used since the skill's CD is 13 seconds, effectively becoming a tool that can easily be used in conjunction with a stun to land it, creating a nerf in DR for almost the duration of a fight, normally.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Chance - 03-14-2022

will be adjusted next reboot, for now poison users are eating after being starved so long