Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Gold - 10-03-2020

Spell: Iron Fist Stance
Suggestion: Since the passive to slow does not work, why not make it have an E where increases the chances to slow on unarmed abilities drastically for 10s.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Jumpy - 10-05-2020

nerf light swords.

i just watched them do 1k like 15 times what the fuck

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - MutesToCry - 10-14-2020

Make it so that Poison can be purchased from Nature (As it use to be like that a long time ago)
Do the same thing for Magma where you can by it from Earth magic too. (Its just earth with burning effect)
Make Bolt the requirement for Plasma Not Shock
Change the Opener of Plasma from Plasma strike to the buff. (Really not worth 20 rpp or as a starter)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kazuki - 10-14-2020

1 - 3 You might as well revert to the old spires spell method.
4 - Just no?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - MutesToCry - 10-23-2020

Spell: Feral Swipes
Suggestion: Make it GCDE

Reason?: Because using it wont allow certain moves to chain up too well. Most beastkin go for wild nature and thats it. Feral swipes use to be 0 rpp and Feral was 10. If you change the rpp, then best off giving Feral swipes a bit of love since its range was crippled (aka cut in half). Make it GCDE so it can at least combo a bit more. Maybe lower the damage a bit to make up for it.

Just an idea.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kreydis - 11-07-2020

Spell: Arc of Devastation (master)

Suggestion: It needs either more damage upfront, a faster projectile, some sort of stun/slow effect added onto it, or really anything to make it stand out. Like, everyone I have talked to expresses that it is a bit of a joke of a master. (Also add the plasma aura recolor to it? Idk.)

As it is right now, Arc, a master class spell, has less utility, and only just slightly more damage then the following INTERMEDIATE spells

1. Tidal wave
Tidal wave has 14 dmg, a 35 second CD (close to the 30 seconds base of Arc) leaves an AOE that Heals (and damages I think?) AND, moves as fast / has as much "range" as Arc.

2. Sand Avalanche
Same deal with tidal wave, but less egregious. 14 dmg, 40 second base CD, no AOE however. But has something stupid like 35 range, probably just a tool tip issue, because I think it's 15 range like arc and wave. It has no utility however AFAIK.

If we compare Arc to some master class spells COUGH Vacuum Vortex COUGH it becomes even more of a joke. 17 range, 16 damage, WITH an AOE effect (5 dmg ticks apparently), and some utility.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Wooloo - 11-07-2020

Seconding Kreydis

Arc of Devastation sucks big. Sure, it's got a nice damage number, but so do 80% of other spells.

It has absolutely nothing going for it besides damage, and even then, it's not living up to the hype of it's name. Either give it some form of utility or buff that damage up enough that if you get hit you FEEL that shit.

Otherwise you may as well have just gone for Great Fire Wave or some shit.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Gold - 11-07-2020

Arc of Devastation is mediocre, mid, not worthy of being called a master.

It should probably leave an intense burn, I mean intense to the highest degree and a quick blind to simulate actually being shocked. Real arc burns vaporize your clothes and skin, charring them in like half a second. I assume in the magi world this would be amplified.

Hiccup of a blind and a burn.

Or

Increased damage and a faster travel time.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - ry0un0suke - 11-07-2020

The entire lightning tree is high damage with zero effects. Its damageĀ is high and it moves fast. It does not need any changes when you consider the tree it's in. Unless you want to give lightning of all trees an unnecessary boost.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Gold - 11-07-2020

(11-07-2020, 05:37 PM)ry0un0suke Wrote: The entire lightning tree is high damage with zero effects. Its damageĀ is high and it moves fast. It does not need any changes when you consider the tree it's in. Unless you want to give lightning of all trees an unnecessary boost.

Nerfing piercing strike to buff arc sounds good to me.

I agree with the tree being high damage, the nerf to Javeline was needed and maybe now piercing should swap with arc since it is after all worth a master token.