Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Touc - 05-25-2020

Nerf healing and DR. The fact that you can have all the healing of something like Nature, Blood or Bone while still having gigantic damage is pretty disgusting, and invalidates any effort that an opponent puts into a fight simply because you can just heal off what damage they do. It throws the balance of fighting out of whack.

Take, for instance, two people with 200 VIT each. However, one of them has healing spells. These spells allow them to instantly heal 8-10 vit per go. In the case of Blood, it allows them to heal while simultaneously damaging their opponent. The one with healing spells will have the clear advantage unless the other character has gigantic amounts of burst damage OR large amounts of Stuns/Silences. However, stuns don't even work anymore to lock down and kill a healer because stun stacking was removed for some bizarre reason (breaking the combos of certain trees in the process). It's just not fun to fight.

An example of how healing can be busted is in fights that come down to the wire with low HP on both sides. The healer will win because they can simply sit in a corner and heal up while their opponent is forced to stand back and watch lest they get hit by a homing and thus instantly downed.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Boneless Pizza - 05-29-2020

I guess this is probably the best place to post this!

Auras as they are, both hidden and base, probably need to be taken a look at imo. Some hidden auras just seem... somewhat underwhelming compared to their base counterparts. Forest form, for example, gives 20 vit and +10% bio and earth power. Spring's Bloom and Cruel Thesis give 10% AP and immortal vines + their own unique E abilities. I'm not positive on this but stat wise at the very least it feels like a downgrade? Most people probably go for these hiddens for immortal vines primarily but the other aspects of it seem pretty underwhelming for an aura compared to base nature aura. I honestly assumed these things were toggle buffs based on what they give, but that's also taking into account how strong most toggle buffs are right now.

It's kind of hard for me to go deep into this without knowing the ins and outs of how %stats vs flat increases work buuut... idk I figured it was worth mentioning. Maybe some other hidden auras face similar issues but this is just the particular one I peeked at.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Chance - 05-29-2020

will adjust for today's patch & give them +5% DR. basic auras were improved across the board and those hiddens were left behind is all

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Alex - 05-29-2020

Isnt this the case with upgraded shard form as well? While the life steal replaces the vit, which is fine, the ap scaling is fundamentally lower than the base aura. It also feels like a bit of a downgrade, even with the random proc of shard

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Prestige - 05-29-2020

i-

are you all aware of what an extra spell means? it is much, much better than flat stats (unless the stats are massive). 10% ap with the spells CT/SB give is not bad by any means. wanting more because nature form has better stats is... silly.

upgraded shard form is, as it stands, the best aura in game. period. 10% ap & life steal with a passive that sends out an extra spell that has the chance to spawn a random crystal to heal/give you ap/cleanse.

like.

what

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Jumpy - 05-29-2020

this is only happening because nature form, blood aura, and crystal aura are crazy good

prove me wrong

ps: dont think i forgot about you drak aura you stinky loser

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Miscreated - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 05:58 PM)Prestige Wrote: i-

are you all aware of what an extra spell means? it is much, much better than flat stats (unless the stats are massive). 10% ap with the spells CT/SB give is not bad by any means. wanting more because nature form has better stats is... silly.

upgraded shard form is, as it stands, the best aura in game. period. 10% ap & life steal with a passive that sends out an extra spell that has the chance to spawn a random crystal to heal/give you ap/cleanse.

like.

what
As a user of an upgraded crystal aura I can confirm that the extra shard doesn't spawn a crystals and it never has.

(05-29-2020, 06:59 PM)Miscreated Wrote:

like.

what
As a user of an upgraded crystal aura I can confirm that the extra shard doesn't spawn a crystals and it never has.

i implore you to look at sethon/RT and ask him how come he had crystals spawning with this aura before having crystal formation. (yes, it's because the aura does spawn crystals...)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Miscreated - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 07:01 PM)Prestige Wrote:

like.

what

i implore you to look at sethon/RT and ask him how come he had crystals spawning with this aura before having crystal formation. (yes, it's because the aura does spawn crystals...)
Shard shot

(05-29-2020, 07:02 PM)Miscreated Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 07:01 PM)Prestige Wrote:

like.

what

Shard shot

the aura doesn't change the color of normal shard shot, so... no... it spawns crystals (it's just a chance of it like normal shard shot lol)