Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Oyster. - 05-16-2020

Blood Ball: 44% efficiency. Can miss (unlikely but hey)
Bolt: 46% efficiency

Other homings are even lower but have cc effects attached.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Peep 'Puff' Topia - 05-16-2020

It is.

I'm doubling the POW of the spell to account for the heal. Otherwise, it would be half those numbers (the damage is quite low atm).

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Chance - 05-16-2020

Life Drain is one of the better homings at 8 damage, and it's also in the same tree as Curse which is another homing with a total damage of 12. It synergizes pretty well and overall Occult is one of the best trees (grants access to Shadow, extensive hidden potential too).

I think a better focus would be the AoEs. Since the double ticking on damage was fixed, they're kind of bad and could do with a lift. They're the only 'weak' point of the tree now, same with Holy.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - flipper23 - 05-16-2020

^

Hey, I think the double tick on AOE wasn't that bad to begin with since they're spells with high CDs.. (don't throw rocks at me please thank you...)

edit: ok, i see a downvote, it was a joke, stop, please, i'm just kidding, ahahahha.. ahahahaha.. nerf aoes, fuck them!!!

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Chance - 05-16-2020

Double Ticking was a bug, but since the duration of all AoEs was lowered and their cooldowns are like 35s+, can have the on-hit damage increased without much issue. The only good 'standard' AoEs in the game right now are Cosmic's & Crystal Wall.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Peep 'Puff' Topia - 05-16-2020

If Life Drain is reduced so other aspects of the tree can be brought a bit higher to smooth the highs and lows, I can accept that.

Quote:grants access to Shadow

I will say that this shouldn't be super considered when judging Holy / Occult though. Light / Shadow can be bought into far easier then going into these app-only trees, and Illusion / Cosmic certainly don't suffer from this same syndrome.

Also 50% of the new characters I see are going illusion shadow and i do NOT want to be reduced to going shadow as well so i will NOT consider this a benefit of holy / occult

You may respond that I am petty

you're not wrong

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Hated - 05-16-2020

this is true.

cosmic/holy need app and go into light

occult needs app and goes into shadow

illusion is the only one that doesn't need app and goes into shadow so this does effectively make it easier to go into shadow. Though in my personal opinion shadow isn't the greatest, but does have far more utility than other trees even with just 3 spells and an aura. this is the first time ive went shadow myself and I do think since its easier to go into shadow from illusion mechanically it should be held to a higher standard than first applying to cosmic/holy into applying for light rather than just grabbing illusion and applying for shadow.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Trenton - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 04:24 PM)Hated Wrote: illusion is the only one that doesn't need app and goes into shadow so this does effectively make it easier to go into shadow. Though in my personal opinion shadow isn't the greatest, but does have far more utility than other trees even with just 3 spells and an aura. 

Shadow is probably one of the best trees right now, I don't know why you're trying to undersell it. It can be added to any build, at all, and it immediately improves your verbing by making you get..

1. mist form with a speed boost
2. extremely close range (not that this makes it hard to hit at all) nuke spell
3. instant homing spell with very promising damage that KNOCKS BACK to prevent any followup
4. an aura that not only increases AP, a superior stat to +POW but also gives a defensive option in the form of a +DR shield (which is stronger than all of the other current shields if I'm not mistaken)

It does not help that almost every single shadow mage couples it with Thief, which is just a coincidence as it's just free and available for 5 RPP which nobody can really be faulted for, but it's certainly annoying to fight a shadow mage. Even so nothing is wrong with shadow itself.

In my opinion, if Shadow is going to remain the opposite of Light but have a public app tree, it should require you to have illusion intermediates or 50+ RPP rather than have two-three illusion spells/just own the magic.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Prestige - 05-16-2020

50% dr for 3 seconds is not comparable to 40% dr for 6 seconds

you're right about everything else though (and shadow is very good, save for the aura which is just okay)
and yes, delete thief now

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Trenton - 05-16-2020

My mistake then, I assumed all of the other shields were 30% dr like Drakanite shield (the only one I'd use), however, it still doesn't require a barslot to use which makes it infinitely better regardless.