Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - EoD - 05-05-2020

Can we just kick nature to the curb and maybe lower the long duration of magma barrier slightly? Remove the unnecessary speed boost from Crystal's healing too.

Just stalling forever with dr and healing with turrets down feels pretty bad to fight against even with infinite mana, especially with the more consistent low cd spells getting progressively shafted and leaving even less room for sufficient aggression to win.

bring on the rep loss

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Megasnail - 05-05-2020

Roomy is correct, however If you're going to view Damage Reduction as Effective Vitality, then compare it to Agility. You need to factor in that agility also offers flee/pursue bonuses, along with viewing agility as a AP% increase instead of a critical chance. Since the crit modifier is 1.5, you simply half the crit rate. At 150 crit, that's 45% crit-- Or if looked at as an AP increase, for it to be better viewed, 22.5% AP.

Personally feel that with all the bonuses agility has over mana, there's no need what so ever to hit mana yet again.

It's more about balancing the stalling tactics being used, and nature as a whole.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Alex - 05-05-2020

Nature has been nerfed to the ground already. The problem with nature is not the tree itself. It's just that it's a good support for all trees. If you go nature you can go Bone for more sustain or crystal.

That is why I have suggested to make nature an app-tree. So that not everyone uses it and not everyone can have 3/4 heals on their bar. Make it more exclusive.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Avee - 05-05-2020

I have no idea what in the fuck y’all are talking about but upvotes for everyone.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Megasnail - 05-07-2020

Spell: Bone Blades
Suggestion: It's Duration is 10-15 seconds, with a cooldown of 45s that seems awfully harsh. Compared to something like Invigorate with 25s cooldown and 10s duration. I'd say a 30 second cd is much more balanced, maybe 35 at a push.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - MutesToCry - 05-07-2020

Spell: Expedience (Aura)
Suggestion: Expedience was suppose to be an aura that manipulated the gravity and energy around you to a degree that you could fundamentally create  condensed projectiles that would stun targets if they hit. Not to mention increase your Vitality and power, but with the Vit removed from the aura and the E on a massive CD of i think 60s and it doesnt really have the value of the projectiles locking on or even hitting even a 1/3 of the time I believe it should be reworked into more of a exclusive Gravity Stance then an aura. Maybe leave the RPP cost alone but change it from an aura into a toggle buff or Stance for others. Or let me rework Expedience into something since im the one who put it in the game in the first place. Its used a bit yes, but its not as strong as any other aura nor does the e justify anyone to buy it unless going with a build that just doesnt have an aura thats better (which is unlikely)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - The Friggen Sawbones - 05-07-2020

Spell: Noxious Cloud

It's the same as the spires version!

Which means its very hard to actually get it to hit someone, and with its low damage it's very lackluster. Increasing its range to be the same as Cacophony, or maybe a bit less, would make it a lot more usable.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Chance - 05-07-2020

i'll increase its range

the poison effect is applying as intended though i hope?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - The Friggen Sawbones - 05-07-2020

It only deals 3 ticks of poison damage, not sure if "6s of poison once." means 6 ticks total is intended.

for the dot effect

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Chance - 05-08-2020

6s should be four ticks (once every 1.5s) so that sounds off. ty!