Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Trenton - 04-13-2020

Riptide aura-

It heals like.. 10% of your damage dealt at a 10% chance, unless it's been buffed recently- this is in essence only 1% damage dealt healed back and it's not very good since it's just an ap aura that.. decreases dr. In exchange for healing an extremely minimal amount of HP (and this is only if you're lucky enough to actually proc it), you take more damage extra than you would've dealt. Ultimately, it's 1% extra hp vs 5% less hp.

Make it 5% constant lifesteal, or remove the -DR from the aura. It's bad

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 03:21 AM)Trenton Wrote: Riptide aura-

It heals like.. 10% of your damage dealt at a 10% chance, unless it's been buffed recently- this is in essence only 1% damage dealt healed back and it's not very good since it's just an ap aura that.. decreases dr. In exchange for healing an extremely minimal amount of HP (and this is only if you're lucky enough to actually proc it), you take more damage extra than you would've dealt. Ultimately, it's 1% extra hp vs 5% less hp.

I always thought that the 10% is for 100% heal from the damage, to reason out why it has -5% dr!

This is why I want full descriptions for such things ;-;

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - BrahmsFrost - 04-13-2020

I wish AP/DR stacked multiplicative and capped at something like + or - 30% ap or dr.

I wish all slows would inflict 3s slow and not refresh when one is hit by another.

I wish stun immunity actually worked, but never seen it, since you can keep the person stunned right through the so called immunity.

But hey, at least they doing a good job of tuning things up!

Edit: And I really wish spells had more info if they have special abilities, E or what not. So we can make more informed choices!

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Cpt. Prinny - 04-13-2020

It's a 50% heal of (water) damage dealt, but it definitely feels like a 5% chance with how exactly little it ever procs.

Melodic Repose: If its heal is too strong make it last ten seconds, heal two ticks at cast (800 since its now 400 per tick) and then heal X every 1.5 seconds for a total of 3600. Still does damage once and applies -10% AP.

Can also be every 2 seconds for 2800.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Jumpy - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 06:36 AM)BrahmsFrost Wrote: Melodic Repose: If its heal is too strong make it last ten seconds, heal two ticks at cast (800 since its now 400 per tick) and then heal X every 1.5 seconds for a total of 3600. Still does damage once and applies -10% AP.

It doesn't reduce AP anymore, the tooltip is false. This was tested last week.

(04-13-2020, 07:21 AM)Jumpy Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 06:36 AM)BrahmsFrost Wrote: Melodic Repose: If its heal is too strong make it last ten seconds, heal two ticks at cast (800 since its now 400 per tick) and then heal X every 1.5 seconds for a total of 3600. Still does damage once and applies -10% AP.

It doesn't reduce AP anymore, the tooltip is false. This was tested last week.

Ahhhh. So it just does one SP hit and the heal ticks. Gotcha.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Trenton - 04-14-2020

(04-13-2020, 06:06 AM)Cpt. Prinny Wrote:

It's a 50% heal of (water) damage dealt, but it definitely feels like a 5% chance with how exactly little it ever procs.

If it's a 50% heal then it's still only 5% of all damage dealt, and that's still very hopeful on the die. I think it would simply be better if it became flat lifesteal with no %chance.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Gold - 04-14-2020

Copper Caltrops tool tip say 10 second cooldown.
It’s actually 24 seconds.

Change it to match it, or for such a lengthy cooldown make them like winter talons like I’ve been suggestion prior, even others are starting to say it now.

- Toadstool and Nightshade only apply on strike, make them apply on all melee.
- Garuda teleports for double strike, but not basic strike... just make it do it for that too..?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - spellzer - 04-15-2020

Spell: Blood Ball

Suggestion: Make it apply a 3s bleed.
There are only 2 blood spells that apply a bleed that aren't immediate spells, and one of them (blood whip) only has a 50% chance of it and is insanely close ranged.