Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Dimmie Dunce - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 05:41 PM)Jumpy Wrote: buff piercing strike
watching a wind-up predictable spell that requires 65 RPP of investment do 3.5k is sad

Its 15 (attunement) + 25 (Bolt) + 10 (W/e is 10) + 15 (Whatever is 15) + 20 (Piercing Strike) so the investment is more..

85 RPP worth of investment actually.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Alex - 04-10-2020

Spell: Sound aura
Suggestion: make the e do damage similar to black hole I guess. Currently the aura falls short as just a 20% ap boost. Which is rather lackluster considering most aura give 30 pow and maybe crit or something ontop of it.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Avee - 04-10-2020

(04-10-2020, 11:01 AM)Alex Wrote: Spell: Sound aura
Suggestion: make the e do damage similar to black hole I guess. Currently the aura falls short as just a 20% ap boost. Which is rather lackluster considering most aura give 30 pow and maybe crit or something ontop of it.

At 240 pow (low end of 200rpp pow) 20% AP is equivalent to 48pow.....

I don’t see your issue, I would actually consider that really good for a public aura...

You're right I did the math wrong I'm dumb ty

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - BrahmsFrost - 04-10-2020

(04-10-2020, 11:01 AM)Alex Wrote: Spell: Sound aura

Melody (Sound Aura) gives 10% Ap not 20%.
it's E gives you 10% DR and hard pulls the target into you.
It's quite powerful for a public aura and requires no changes whatsoever except changing the descrption to 10% AP because it's not 12% or whatever number it has.

(04-05-2020, 12:44 PM)Rod Wrote: Spell :Aera

Suggestion : It's a buff, I dont see why it should cost 10 rpps, for a 30 seconds(20 second) cooldown. Bar space is rare as is, people dont usually use this because of how precious it is. So how about 5 instead of 10

As for Aera, not sure about it? Maybe reduce cooldown slightly? When its actually fixed since it's broken right now.

The only issue is that, since it lasts 10 seconds, too low a cooldown, example say 25, would make it very strong as you'd be able to put it up every 15 seconds. And then cue in the screams for it to get nerfed  Tongue

I like the idea of lowering cd slightly so that t's up 10 seconds and down say 27-28 (17-18) and 5 RPP cost

Spell: Caltraps

Suggestion: Make the time before they disappear much longer, maybe 10-15 seconds. However, if somebody steps on a tile with a trap on it. It disappear, similar to ice talons. Higher tiers stay on the ground for longer + do more dmg. Lower tears vanish faster.

Could make for some fun additions to builds.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Rod - 04-11-2020

We are limited to trees as is.

I think Attunements should give +10 instead of +5 to show real prowess and dedication to X branch. 5 is like nothing

And can I get some Crit on Nysheck sword/ Axe?

Weapons feel so hollow. With barely any increases on any of them. Atleast after going from 125 to 180 for a weapon upgrade, it should be more fufilling. Maybe like 18 Pow 20 phys 30 crit?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Megasnail - 04-11-2020

Spell: Ifrit Style

Suggestion: I hope the text is outdated. GCDE for 10 seconds is crackhead territory. In comparison, Garuda gives you 6s of debuff immunity. Which is a much lesser boost. I think the GCDE should be 5 seconds. Forces them to act.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Touc - 04-11-2020

Spell:
Rapidfire

Suggestion:
Make it good. This spell is not just ass, it is ultra-mega-ass. It doesn't even track its targets correctly even if you're within range unless they're standing COMPLETELY still. Half the time they just phase through your target, and the other half of the time the projectiles ACTIVELY AVOID THEM. That's what should be fixed first- the projectiles should home in on your enemy but peter out after a short range as intended, not actively GO AROUND the enemy.

15 RPP for this garbage. You could buy Iron Grip for just 5 more RPP, and that's an actual GOOD spell- one of the best in the game, in fact. You could buy Piercing Strike for 20 RPP, too. Yeah, that spell's also pretty ass, but at least it HITS CONSISTENTLY. You could buy Time Beam for 15 RPP if you want to compare Rapidfire to another skillshot, but Time Beam can actively screw your opponent's attack rotation AND it does some pretty decent damage! Rapidfire is a joke.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - spellzer - 04-12-2020

Spell:Bonds of Blood

Suggestion:Make it a 1x pow heal per tick instead of a 0.5x Pow heal per tick.