Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Cpt. Prinny - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 12:13 AM)Joshua Wrote: It’s a guaranteed stun with follow-up. That’s the same reason why water whip had it’s damage nerfed. Plus, 239 power aint that close to end game which is usually 270ish (or in my case 300 when I was unarmed). The damage will go up. And again, it’s a stun that barely misses, you said it yourself

The problem is the fact its not a stun anymore that can follow-up, it doesn't stun long enough to actually do anything. All it does is that much damage, which ends up being pretty sad.

Got nerfed to 1 sec stun in the change log, instead of its 1.5 it had before.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Rod - 04-07-2020

Spell : Galeforce

I've seen 2 people in total on the second day of playing this game use this. Havent seen a single 150+ rpl using Galeforce. I think this warrants to give it the lariat effect, which is low damage set up. Or double the damage, or half the CD. 22 seconds? Come on now

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 11:10 PM)Rod Wrote: Spell : Galeforce

I've seen 2 people in total on the second day of playing this game use this. Havent seen a single 150+ rpl using Galeforce. I think this warrants to give it the lariat effect, which is low damage set up. Or double the damage

I don't know if that has been fixed/changed, but unlike other dragging moves like beams or javelins, the repeating damage only happens if the enemy is being hit by the middle of the galeforce.

If they are hit by the edges of it? They'll only get hit by one tick of damage instead (the knock back and stun still happens, though).
This is unlike javelins/beams, where if you get hit by the edges? You'll get the same amount of ticks as if you were hit at the center of the attack, depending on how far the move is going to drag you.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Touc - 04-07-2020

Spell:
Phantom Strikes/Assault
Suggestion:
Even if you outplay your opponent by hitting them with a beam/knockback stun like Water Beam, both of these abilities will still trigger and the opponent will still get multiple free, effortless homing hits on you while leaving them close enough to finish up their combo. Even if you react and stun them while they're teleporting around you, they still get their effortless hits and they don't even take the full damage of the spell. It needs to cancel upon being stunned, or the stun timer needs to start when the Phantom Strikes/Assault finishes, not when it's ongoing.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Sanguine415 - 04-07-2020

If you beam someone while they're phantom striking, it usually deletes them. Pretty high chance of it.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 11:46 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: If you beam someone while they're phantom striking, it usually deletes them. Pretty high chance of it.

If I recall? That is if you aim the beam on the third strike, where they stop teleporting. Before it, I believe they can still teleport and not take full damage. I know that you can get hit on the third strike for full damage since it happened to me when I was armed, not sure someone hitted me on the first or second strike for full damage. My memory draws a blank on that part.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Rod - 04-08-2020

Spell : Metal root / chain

3 seconds instead of 4. So someone has to actually aim where the person is after they dash away, instead of landing 2 free Big hit moves. the most common today being Fire waves that chunk the hell out of you.

Spell:Strike

Come on, 2 seconds instead of 3. I barely get to strike during a fight

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Jess - 04-08-2020

(04-07-2020, 11:36 PM)Touc Wrote: Spell:
Phantom Strikes/Assault
Suggestion:
Even if you outplay your opponent by hitting them with a beam/knockback stun like Water Beam, both of these abilities will still trigger and the opponent will still get multiple free, effortless homing hits on you while leaving them close enough to finish up their combo. Even if you react and stun them while they're teleporting around you, they still get their effortless hits and they don't even take the full damage of the spell. It needs to cancel upon being stunned, or the stun timer needs to start when the Phantom Strikes/Assault finishes, not when it's ongoing.
If someone gets caught in a beam mid-phantom/assault, the beam does so much extra damage it can delete someone from half hp depending on the stats involved.

The spell continues after a stun because the animation already started, and you'll find any 'homing' does the same thing when hit by a beam/knockback.

Piercing strike is a good example.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - MutesToCry - 04-08-2020

Spell: Expedience
Suggestion: Nerf it to 5% AP make it a Toggle Buff OR 10 vit, 20 Mana, 8%AP

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Left Brain - 04-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 01:16 AM)Jess Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 11:36 PM)Touc Wrote: Spell:
Phantom Strikes/Assault
Suggestion:
If someone gets caught in a beam mid-phantom/assault, the beam does so much extra damage it can delete someone from half hp depending on the stats involved.

The spell continues after a stun because the animation already started, and you'll find any 'homing' does the same thing when hit by a beam/knockback.

Piercing strike is a good example.

The solution to that would probably be having the spell end when you're stunned, rather than continue on. Also when the user is knocked back during it they end up in a predetermined spot. (Right in front of you.) Not much counterplay to this spell. You just take the fat damage and then have to prepare for more fat damage. I'd say make the distance afterwards greater, or yeah... Maybe make stuns affect the spell in some capacity.