Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Toxicity - 01-06-2020

Raise jabs cd please. People say slowing folks during jab makes it crazy bad but I'll be honest, with how high cds are, and how LOW in comparison jabs cd is. They aren't really affected as they can just back off for the slow, and if they get engaged upon it's more power to them.

Jab has no real drawback. Raise the cd. Even if you make it so slows don't have an effect on it.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Gold - 01-07-2020

Change double strike back to 6 seconds

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Dimmie Dunce - 01-07-2020

Spell: Sound Burst
Suggestion: Change it from a 'stun yourself to cast' punch ahead tile spell, to a Shockwave style spell. Instead of knocking back make it apply a slow or something along those lines idk.

Spell: Shock
Suggestion: Lower its damage and instead of making it a little 'cast self-stun' during its duration, make it a bunch of lightning bolts zapping forward in palpatine fashion and have it use a lingering animation like Decay or Shadow Orbs.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Mordere - 01-07-2020

You're actually painful to see in the spell balance suggestions. Hemo has a delay before the damage and slow occurs, requires you to be within 7 tiles which is fairly close and whip's damage is good, but it's not anything crazy. Things like Doubleslash equal it with half the effort of aim and don't leave you vulnerable .

Miasma is good damage plus a slow and rot. no complaints a

Hemo? No complaints

, but bonds of blood? Meh, refund that garbage since it only heals for half your power and doesn't count AP. NONE of the blood tree counts AP for some reason.

hemo is on a 30 second cd and is 90% of the time the source of a blood mage's bleed since crimson dart lasts for 3 seconds and gcd is 2

Bonds of blood is a good laugh compared to Riptide's chance to heal (to an extent despairing tendril) and regular water heals, but that's not my gripe with the tree. My main question is

why can't bleeds just pop 10% AP for 5 seconds instead of lasting for the amount of time of the bleed? makes Crimson darts feel useless aside from being a weaker fireball to fill your bar. 4.5 damage and 3 seconds of bleed (which is 7.5 total) while fireball which is 10rpp, does more damage thanks to the burn ticks, AND applies a slow.

Openers should be stronger than that since they cost a hefty chunk you know?

Also yes airblast needs a buff. Make it do more damage and knockback so people can risk missing a 3x3 and melting.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Tattles - 01-10-2020

Spell: Dark Guardian (DG) and its counter Titan of Light/Holy Guardian (HG)

Suggestion: 

DG gives 6% AP + a random torment tick

[Image: unknown.png]

HG gives 10% AP + a heal tick

[Image: unknown.png]

It'd be better if they were equal, adjusting one to be lower or the other to be higher.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Milly - 01-10-2020

Given they're both exalteds, they should be like.... The pinnacle. 

I think Dark Guardian is highly, highly underwhelming for an Exalted and needs buffed, 100%. Does Holy Guardian need a nerf? I'll be biased (maybe?) and say no. I think it's fine as it is. The heal tick is once every 15 seconds, but it also seems slightly irregular, as well.

All in all, I think Dark Guardian needs to be raised up.

Edit: Also please nerf the COOLDOWN on Holy Guardian. Yes, the cooldown. Sometimes my mouse acts up and it'll accidentally click. Then I have to wait a full MINUTE to dismiss it.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lammy - 01-10-2020

I remember a distant time in simple days, Accelerate was a slow, immunity, etc.

Now it's not even worth getting, for what it's 10 Point value is. Sure it's cool to move fast, but even that is stopped by a proper timed slow. Lightning embodiment and Shadow Step like skills suffer from this.

They'll be better if they were all immune to crowd control until it's over, at least.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Gold - 01-15-2020

Lower the Cd on double slash.. to like 6 or 7.. it’s too high

Change the spell damage on powersmash or something. 15 rpp for a intermediate with 1 range, mediocre spell damage. And just bleh, make it cooler, stronger? Anything.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kazuki - 01-16-2020

Spell: Energy Burst

Suggestion: Place the damage back to 3.5 or perhaps actually code it in doing more damage under 50%. 

• Energy Burst: Projectile that damages, stuns, and drags on-hit. At low HP, fires off a larger, stronger version.
    It doesn't actually get stronger under 50%. Unlike Energy Beam that does. It is kind of underwhelming right now.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - GrayHood - 01-19-2020

Spell: Sonar Cacophony

Suggestion:
change it's name to Sonar Beat. When sound will be added to Sound spells then it's better to hear the Beat.
Now it's useful only against mobs, in RP battles characters tend to easily evade its effect. Maybe, increase radius?