Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - DwizzleDorf - 07-14-2023

Invigorate should be changed from what it is now (pseudo block GCD spell) to a toggle that charges based on damage dealt with cosmic spells. Right now it's incredibly clunky to play with, and this would help it feel a lot smoother and more hype when you finally hit that 100% and go buck wild

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lung - 07-15-2023

Follow up attack, remove the knocback, what's the logic being gcde and thorowing enemy away? not to mention it messes with titan fist timing and eventual lariats or fks, in other words is acting more like a finisher than a engager, make the combo harder for no benefit  is already 26 s cd, put a 0.25 stun or snare. just to show the impact.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Shelpies - 07-15-2023

With Galeburst being GCDE, perhaps making the other skillshot spells GCDE may be worth looking into as well?
I think it'd be a fun way to make them a bit more useful and a good choice for people who like using skillshots.

Earth Bomb, Golden Bolt, Fireball.

Of course, making each tree distinctive from one another is understandable but it's worth looking into as a fan of these spells.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Ohverride - 07-15-2023

Okay, I was going to let it rock but it's egregious. I understand cosmic lost their master auras, but Astral Ambience is so overtuned.

Astral Ambience - Basic Aura, 40 Pow, 20 Crit, Mana recovery

Insectomancy - MASTER Aura, 40 pow, 20 Crit, 20 agility, active wave

The cosmic aura is officially the best aura and to even gain 40 power off of any aura, you'd need to have 10% AP at 400 power or 20% AP at 200 power. It outdoes occult aura until you somehow reach a base power of 300, and even still, it has the crit and mana recovery. While I get the master cosmic auras were a cornerstone in the tree, it's just repeating the issue of the tree having such a strong aura in comparison to others.

Also, while mana recovery in the past was not a big deal, in the year of our lord mana absorb it is a godsend.

Oh yeah, the suggestion: make it 25 or 30 power instead.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lammy - 07-15-2023

Valid suggestion. Counter point, buff other auras to compensate for most of the auras being removed.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Save - 07-15-2023

Another valid suggestion. ANOTHER Counter point, buffing other auras may be too excesive, only nerfing the current problem may be easier.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - ACuriousGrey - 07-15-2023

A valid suggestion indeed, I concur. Let us all consider that overly buffing basic auras could possibly invalidate and then lead to the buffing of master auras, which could then in turn lead to the invalidation and then subsequent buffing of signature auras, greatly increasing power across the board, which would be unhealthy for game state over all, in my opinion.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - GSM - 07-15-2023

primordial flame is jobbed by a basic, btw
shadow aura should be 10% like other basics and primordial should be 15% to be in line with other masters

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lt. Heart - 07-15-2023

(07-15-2023, 06:04 PM)Ohverride Wrote: Okay, I was going to let it rock but it's egregious. I understand cosmic lost their master auras, but Astral Ambience is so overtuned.

The cosmic aura is officially the best aura and to even gain 40 power off of any aura, you'd need to have 10% AP at 400 power or 20% AP at 200 power. It outdoes occult aura until you somehow reach a base power of 300, and even still, it has the crit and mana recovery. While I get the master cosmic auras were a cornerstone in the tree, it's just repeating the issue of the tree having such a strong aura in comparison to others.

Also, while mana recovery in the past was not a big deal, in the year of our lord mana absorb it is a godsend.

It was 30 prior to the buff which is honestly fine. 40 does go above and beyond especially when looking at like Insectomancy but its not the only over tuned basic aura tbch

Camo is also cracked at 25 power 30 agi and 30 crit 

>.> stats goes hard, sustain cosmic builds be eating well

I'd consider 35 tho instead of dropping back to 30 as it was buffed to compensate the master losses

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - GSM - 07-15-2023

(07-15-2023, 07:25 PM)Lt. Heart Wrote:
(07-15-2023, 06:04 PM)Ohverride Wrote: Okay, I was going to let it rock but it's egregious. I understand cosmic lost their master auras, but Astral Ambience is so overtuned.

It was 30 prior to the buff which is honestly fine. 40 does go above and beyond especially when looking at like Insectomancy but its not the only over tuned basic aura tbch

Camo is also cracked at 25 power 30 agi and 30 crit 

>.> stats goes hard, sustain cosmic builds be eating well

I'd consider 35 tho instead of dropping back to 30 as it was buffed to compensate the master losses

fuck em
make it 25 or fully revert to 30 pow
if you want your funny star aura app for it
so many people ran starlight overdrive that i am genuinely exhausted from seeing it