Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Mordere - 12-27-2019

To the above post he's wrong. Lariat allows any spell to stun through the 2 second immunity and energy burst is being used after it to do that.

On another spell balance note... Increase Hemorrhage range's range and give Hemorrhage Rot. Why is Blood Miasma the only attack with rot in blood?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Jetniss - 12-27-2019

Take away the heavy slow from Star Rain. Make it a light slow. It does a lot of damage and lets them set up for way too much over too large a range. That, or make it as small as the Explosion AoE.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - BrahmsFrost - 12-28-2019

(12-25-2019, 09:33 AM)Hoovyking Wrote: Spell: Hemorrhage

Suggestion: I don’t think it’s too wild to ask for it’s damage to be instant now that trees like illusion and time have similar debuffs that apply instantly.

Spell: Miasma

Suggestion: I will continue to stan miasma changes until I die. Change the pathing of the projectiles to accommodate for the limit of projectiles, or up the amount of total mists to 7-8. It’s pretty terrible in comparison to other skills in its class, like the sound aoe.

Miasma is terrible. Definitely needs a buff. Hemorrhage, I thought it was a solid homing? Why need the instant effect?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Hated - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 11:42 AM)BrahmsFrost Wrote:
(12-25-2019, 09:33 AM)Hoovyking Wrote: Spell: Hemorrhage

Suggestion: I don’t think it’s too wild to ask for it’s damage to be instant now that trees like illusion and time have similar debuffs that apply instantly.

Spell: Miasma

Suggestion: I will continue to stan miasma changes until I die. Change the pathing of the projectiles to accommodate for the limit of projectiles, or up the amount of total mists to 7-8. It’s pretty terrible in comparison to other skills in its class, like the sound aoe.

Miasma is terrible. Definitely needs a buff. Hemorrhage, I thought it was a solid homing? Why need the instant effect?
Miasma is fine now, still does decent damage and is meant to fight with close range. greater chance of utilization with melee

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Xioen - 12-30-2019

Spell: Not exactly one single spell, but more of most of Occult's Spells that are readily available when you get access to it.
Suggestion: Occult in itself can, basically, compete with no other form of magic. It's, in my opinion, awful, and requires a full body cast and crutch from another magic to even 'work well'. Shadow Ball is a barrage now that only does decent damage on the very first possible hit, and the rest barely do any damage at all, and even less when someone blocks. The AoE spells are short-lived, and don't give much opportunity to use it's AP buff due to GCD, and having to get a good moment to land an attack. Life Steal only has a single hit, and doesn't offer that great of a life drain in my opinion.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Gold - 12-31-2019

Make feral swipe bleed and 3x3 since it’s gcd now

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Hated - 12-31-2019

(12-30-2019, 03:34 PM)Xioen Wrote: Spell: Not exactly one single spell, but more of most of Occult's Spells that are readily available when you get access to it.
Suggestion: Occult in itself can, basically, compete with no other form of magic. It's, in my opinion, awful, and requires a full body cast and crutch from another magic to even 'work well'. Shadow Ball is a barrage now that only does decent damage on the very first possible hit, and the rest barely do any damage at all, and even less when someone blocks. The AoE spells are short-lived, and don't give much opportunity to use it's AP buff due to GCD, and having to get a good moment to land an attack. Life Steal only has a single hit, and doesn't offer that great of a life drain in my opinion.
if anything occult is fine where it is at because of its utility. An aoe that gives ap and a instant homing that drains vit? yeah its fine. also has a shield and attunes to shadow if desired. Again, its fine.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Joshua - 12-31-2019

(12-31-2019, 01:40 AM)Hated Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 03:34 PM)Xioen Wrote: Spell: Not exactly one single spell, but more of most of Occult's Spells that are readily available when you get access to it.
if anything occult is fine where it is at because of its utility. An aoe that gives ap and a instant homing that drains vit? yeah its fine. also has a shield and attunes to shadow if desired. Again, its fine.

There's no homing that drains vitality...unless you mean a homing that does damage, then there's lots of those spread across the game. What I would say though, is lower drain life's damage to 3 and make it tick twice for a total of 6. Also, it doesn't have as much utility as you'd think. The one thing you listed is the only sort of utility is has aside from shield; and considering the AoE's CD and short range, it's not gonna be doing much

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 12-31-2019

Spell:Spores (nature opener)

So, after having the spell and using it in combat, I noticed that it is quite... Lackluster, to say the least.
I have two issues with it, currently:
First, upon finishing the charge, the spell stuns you in place while the spores are being made. So, instead of being able to use the move's slow to get the move on and attain better positioning during a fight, I actually get stuck for a moment, while the opponent still has mobility to land a counterstrike once you are rooted.

This, could have not been an issue, had we not gotten into another problem, as well:

Spores' damage feels lacking. From what I have seen, it is not enough to be considered a deterrant to go all in upon using it on someone, allowing people to get in through the spores, and land their own, more powerful blows while rooted for more damage.

So, to try and remedy it, I think either a) Spores would lose the self-root upon a completed charge, or b) increase the damage output, to make it a valuable deterrent upon seeing it.

Edit:

So, after some testing? Turns out? It doesn't just root.

It stuns you in place. You can't defend, you can't block while spell is being activated once fully charged.
By the time you get the move, only around 2 spores remain for not even half a second  Sad

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Mordere - 12-31-2019

Okay a legitimate balance question, no bias desire here;

Crimson darts needs to either become GCDE, or get extended bleed time? 2 seconds of those 3 seconds of bleed is spent on GCDE, which means unless you're a ifrit melee your only way to keep the blood proc for 10% up is to use hemo or pray you land a bloodwhip and it bleeds them.

Or, as an alternative suggestion remove the 10% AP while bleeding. instead, give 10% AP for 5-10 seconds after causing a bleed.