Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Nailman - 02-25-2023

strongest armed user pictured above
they pale in fortitude to the weakest true unarmed user (jab mages don't count)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - SilkiyTea - 02-25-2023

Make fatal strike an intermediate. Bully so-called “armed” users who only use phantom, fatal and p.smash. Force them to buy cleave + double or cleave + a stance.

IE: Dash strike (20), Stance or double (5), Phantom (15), Cleave (10) = 50 rpp investment
Make ‘em take the other abilities. Force them to be true Armed.

I cackle maniacally as i offer this suggestion. Fueling the tides of chaos.
(If this was done it’d fuck my next character build so hard.)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - StarMann - 02-25-2023

(02-25-2023, 12:29 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: Make fatal strike an intermediate. Bully so-called “armed” users who only use phantom, fatal and p.smash. Force them to buy cleave + double or cleave + a stance.

IE: Dash strike (20), Stance or double (5), Phantom (15), Cleave (10) = 50 rpp investment

People are already forced to waste 20 rpp on dash strike. Let's not add more taxes to the tree.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Ohverride - 03-06-2023

IDK if people still look at this thread, but anyways...

Reduce the delays on the spells in lightning that have it significantly. Maybe halve the delay of piercing strike and maybe even completely remove it from shock. Piercing strike is still useable (16 SD auto, I mean come on). However, shock is... Yeah.

Buff 'em! (The other spells in the tree should be buffed too, but I figured these two spells almost have the same problem so why not.)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kiha - 03-06-2023

Lightning is still a very strong tree even in recent times.. and comes paired with wind, which is also fantastic.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Ohverride - 03-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 05:49 PM)Kiha Wrote: Lightning is still a very strong tree even in recent times.. and comes paired with wind, which is also fantastic.

With all due respect, I care more about blanket spell variation and viability than I do "total tree strength". Lightning has 3 spells that people commonly used (bolt, arc, lightning burst MAYBE Piercing Strike) and there are five spells that NOBODY uses. 

If they nerfed the currently used ones and made the other ones more viable, I'd be cool with it. Additionally, if we're going to talk about "strength", there's other trees that fit that build easily without going into lightning.

That's just how it be. I want to see more interesting "builds" and such instead of the same 4 spells. A whole tree shouldn't be reduced to a few spells because the other ones are just that bad. Other trees have this issue as well.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Grit - 03-06-2023

haha y’all remember when shock was GCDE, funny mournegale combo go brrrr

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Teemo - 03-06-2023

(02-25-2023, 12:52 PM)StarMann Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 12:29 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: Make fatal strike an intermediate. Bully so-called “armed” users who only use phantom, fatal and p.smash. Force them to buy cleave + double or cleave + a stance.

People are already forced to waste 20 rpp on dash strike. Let's not add more taxes to the tree.

Armed, by far, the cheapest out of any basic tree when you look at the strength of their spells they're getting. This was true before they even received their buffs and new spells. No other tree has basics as strong as Armed, no other tree has its stance contributing to their intermediate costs. Not to mention their one stance being completely overstated and mandatory as a result (A reoccurring trend with Armed xd!)

You can fill half a bar for 80 RPP, with spells that are absolutely insane. It has one dead spell. The other elemental trees have 3-4 that you have to buy just to get access to intermediates.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Purpalicious - 03-06-2023

Nerf Life Orb.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Tsaritsa - 03-18-2023

Inverse Charge looks really cool, but a spell that gives 10% dr and restores mana on an advanced ether tree kinda falls flat imo. You have eshield in your base tree which is, for the most part, just superior. Is there a chance the DR could be upped a little? Maybe make it more like a scales-type shield? Or potentially make it so it zaps enemies' mana when they hit you, etc. Anything will help it... ):