Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kayla - 02-05-2023

(02-05-2023, 06:39 AM)SilkiyTea Wrote: Fishers could get uh.

uhm..

Got nothing there srry.

Fishers should get water dome so that theres an odd that anyone ever uses that spell at all

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lt. Heart - 02-06-2023

Switch Rings of Malice back to intermediate give it the range back! This spell was deserving of intermediate and highly worth the investment before.

Alongside such.

Switch Flood to Basic. Flood is an underused spell not really deserving of the investment that comes with it. Its AoE has a long cast delay and its heal ticks are really lack luster[2md] but I think if this was a basic spell it'd see more use in general play.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lt. Heart - 02-07-2023

Occult Imps: Thankful they finally take dmg but they hold like 0 health and die near instantly feels bad

Also it didn't seem they tried to rush opponent near death for kamikaze as it says they do on spell description

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lt. Heart - 02-10-2023

I come once again asking for some changes of anykind to the water intermediate: Flood

Right now, it has a 2 second delay after cast before taking effect, does 'meh' dmg in comp to most aoes with one of the slower tick rates for an AoE Spell, on top of it. Its heal is basically nonexistent at 2x base power or RPL to the caster while standing within it.

If we could reduce this cast delay and switch the basepower/RPL to flat power to be more in line with other heals this spell might just be worth using instead of being a spell underused and forgotten to those that use the water trees.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - SilkiyTea - 02-14-2023

Plasma Leap is not an intermediate worthy spell imo. Maybe swap Tesla to intermediate and put Leap as a basic.

ULTRASMASH and Mighty Blow

Make them intermediates in armed instead of signatures. Nerf them to the appropriate level if need be.
I haven't seen anyone in E4 use either of these abilities, and tbqh the more I can fill my bar with purely armed abilities? The better.

Ye there isn't a very compelling reason for this suggestion beyond: "I think It'd be neat."

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Horos - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 08:00 PM)SilkiyTea Wrote: ULTRASMASH and Mighty Blow

Make them intermediates in armed instead of signatures. Nerf them to the appropriate level if need be.
I haven't seen anyone in E4 use either of these abilities, and tbqh the more I can fill my bar with purely armed abilities? The better.

Ye there isn't a very compelling reason for this suggestion beyond: "I think It'd be neat."

Silkie.. I love you, but why do you make me antagonize you? We were supposed to be fighting together, not against each other!
Plasma Leap is a really good intermediate spell!

MightyBlow - Ultrasmash:
Many signatures haven't made an appearance in E4 yet, but that happens very often. Signatures are like songs in that sense; people see a certain signature, remember it exists, and then start trending once again. This wipe is only a few months old, so if we start counting signatures that we haven't seen and discarding them because of it, then we will spend a long time!

(02-14-2023, 08:32 PM)Horos Wrote:

Silkie.. I love you, but why do you make me antagonize you? We were supposed to be fighting together, not against each other!
Plasma Leap is a really good intermediate spell!

MightyBlow - Ultrasmash:
Many signatures haven't made an appearance in E4 yet, but that happens very often. Signatures are like songs in that sense; people see a certain signature, remember it exists, and then start trending once again. This wipe is only a few months old, so if we start counting signatures that we haven't seen and discarding them because of it, then we will spend a long time!

Remove all signatures, make everything publicly available.

I fight my war alone and outnumbered, but I hold no fear.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Dandeli - 02-14-2023

approvedd

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lung - 02-14-2023

Just wait someone bold enough to do a ifrit mightyblow armed tempest and begin chain people into mb-> fatal -> psmash or mb-> ultra -> fatal.

Nobody dev them because armed is strong enough rn so they dev stuff for other trees.