Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Horos - 01-31-2023

I would love to see more visible charge animations for spells.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - asin - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 04:21 PM)Horos Wrote: I would love to see more visible charge animations for spells.

agreed, having to guess/squint to see if they’re doing it is wild

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - RainIsABirb - 01-31-2023

make energy burst stun, or root at least :)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Cali - 01-31-2023

Does it not drag anymore ?

Using it in a spar, I saw on several occasions where it'd attempt to drag but they'd just walk out- like Lifebomb

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kagami - 01-31-2023

buff me, nerf my enemies

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - CrystikRage - 01-31-2023

assign a number to each tree, randomly decide four numbers
nerf each tree rolled
chaos

(01-31-2023, 09:15 PM)Kagami Wrote: buff me, nerf my enemies

nOOOoo sniff sfnooff ibve been caught Sad((((((((

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Nectarine Sunset - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 02:27 PM)ratqueen Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 12:06 PM)Nephilim74 Wrote: Moving them into intermediate means if you want summon you dip into nature tree deeper that will cost you 60 rpl.

well you see, the whole point of changing the location of vines at all is to make it harder to randomly dip for

that is indeed the desired effect; if one wants the nature summons, their character should be a nature magi

as a nature magi, i do think intermediate vines are fair
however, there is a necessary talk to have with it about spring's bloom
you might ask, "what does spring's bloom do?"
i'm so glad you asked (even if you didn't)

spring's bloom (master): 10% ap, 5% dr, immortal vines, a shit active (it spawns 4-6 deadly blooms who all have the aim of a sleep deprived stormtrooper)

now, considering the active isn't worth using, let's look at it from the other perspective: 10% ap, 5% dr, and immortal vines
if vines are moved into intermediate, spring's bloom users are further punished if they want to actually do good things with their aura by not only having to invest a mastery point into said aura, but having to spend 70 rpp total in the tree

there's a marked difference between a dip and having to basically sell your soul to a tree that sounds like it's the least problematic of its contingent
(see: the new blood spells healing as much as a full yggdrasil for the user + the above conversation about bone and poison)

on one hand: i get it completely
on the other hand: if people are already saying an aura's bad and you shouldn't use it, an indirect nerf will just make it worse

save my soul
save spring's bloom
(this has been a sponsored message)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - asin - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 08:39 PM)RainIsABirb Wrote: make energy burst stun, or root at least :)

I’ve been complaining about a broken energy burst for a while now. you hit 1-2 ticks and the person is free to walk out as if nothing happened