Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - TheHopscotch - 01-31-2023

Having seen bio in action recently from the sidelines - The overwhelming strength and possibility this subset of spells have is something really powerful. It seems it's time to perhaps tone down this tree which continues to see prominence throughout seemingly every era of Eternia. (To stand with the other trees and not tower above them.)

Bone stun seems to stun for a crazy long amount of time - With it being capable of acting as an omni-directional stun when coupled with bone blades, perhaps a slight tone down (to the average 2s.) is in order. (Still capable of comboing with it, however if you strike your opponent in a phantom strike? You won't get the free follow up, etc.)

Bone in general is very strong.
Having a; low cd stun
Cast-buff which buffs your stun and damage by 15% (Stackable.)
Master which allows you to heal off your enemies damage. (I like the gimmick, so this one is less of an offensive.)
Cleanse as well as a 12sd heal ontop of it.
Huge AoE like tremor which does really good damage. (2 second higher cd than tremor, with one being a master and dealing the same damage.)

Giving a slight nerf to not make it so overwhelming when facing a melee or usual unarmed abuser is probably in order.

Now, onto the rest.

Insectomancy.
40 Spell Dam.
30 Critical.
GCDE Wave that can do upwards of 8k~ (An off bar high damage spell to top off a well-statted aura.)

The wave needs a serious tone down, comparing it to another mastery aura such as Primordial Flame? It's clear which comes out on top. (You don't want every aura to feel samey, but this signature tier aura is better than even stuff like mana absorbtion and so on, all for the low cost of just one mastery token.)

Noxious Cloud - 5 spell dam which can tick upwards of 10 times maximum. While it's not frequent this can hit its maximum amount - The potential of being able to do upwards of 50+ spell dam is probably something which could also be toned down. (Back to 4sd~ish.)

Vines/Imp/Clones - Should be moved to the summoning tree (Freeing up space in trees and allowing me and chance to add new spells to the tree. Making vines an intermediate would clog up nature even further, still being able to stack these 'lesser' summons with elemental ones or buffing them with this change would be beneficial to everyone.)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Dazzer - 01-31-2023

Look at Sanctified Flash,
Literally 0 counterplay to it, with the argument being its slightly less range than a charge..
Despite having a blind also...

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Cali - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 02:29 AM)TheHopscotch Wrote: Having seen bio in action recently from the sidelines - The overwhelming strength and possibility this subset of spells have is something really powerful. It seems it's time to perhaps tone down this tree which continues to see prominence throughout seemingly every era of Eternia. (To stand with the other trees and not tower above them.)

Bone stun seems to stun for a crazy long amount of time - With it being capable of acting as an omni-directional stun when coupled with bone blades, perhaps a slight tone down (to the average 2s.) is in order. (Still capable of comboing with it, however if you strike your opponent in a phantom strike? You won't get the free follow up, etc.)

Having a; low cd stun
Master which allows you to heal off your enemies damage. (I like the gimmick, so this one is less of an offensive.)
Huge AoE like tremor which does really good damage. (2 second higher cd than tremor, with one being a master and dealing the same damage.)

Giving a slight nerf to not make it so overwhelming when facing a melee or usual unarmed abuser is probably in order.

Now, onto the rest.

Insectomancy.
40 Spell Dam.
30 Critical.
GCDE Wave that can do upwards of 8k~ (An off bar high damage spell to top off a well-statted aura.)

The wave needs a serious tone down, comparing it to another mastery aura such as Primordial Flame? It's clear which comes out on top. (You don't want every aura to feel samey, but this signature tier aura is better than even stuff like mana absorbtion and so on, all for the low cost of just one mastery token.)

Noxious Cloud - 5 spell dam which can tick upwards of 10 times maximum. While it's not frequent this can hit its maximum amount - The potential of being able to do upwards of 50+ spell dam is probably something which could also be toned down. (Back to 4sd~ish.)

Vines/Imp/Clones - Should be moved to the summoning tree (Freeing up space in trees and allowing me and chance to add new spells to the tree. Making vines an intermediate would clog up nature even further, still being able to stack these 'lesser' summons with elemental ones or buffing them with this change would be beneficial to everyone.)

Just dodge.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Ohverride - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 02:29 AM)TheHopscotch Wrote: Having seen bio in action recently from the sidelines - The overwhelming strength and possibility this subset of spells have is something really powerful. It seems it's time to perhaps tone down this tree which continues to see prominence throughout seemingly every era of Eternia. (To stand with the other trees and not tower above them.)

Having a; low cd stun

Now, onto the rest.

Insectomancy.
40 Spell Dam.
30 Critical.

I feel like this is at the least a very good case to buff Primordial Flame, rather. Bump up to 15% AP!

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kiha - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 02:46 AM)Ohverride Wrote:

Having a; low cd stun

Now, onto the rest.

Insectomancy.
40 Spell Dam.
30 Critical.

I feel like this is at the least a very good case to buff Primordial Flame, rather. Bump up to 15% AP!
For reference of the state of some public masteries, there are a LOT of signature auras that are vastly outclassed by stuff like Insectomancy, masters outclassed by bone tremor as well. Bone also has the longest AP buff of any tree, and causes bleed (negligible factor as its 10% chance), that also makes the stun better in the same tree. Primordial might could use a bit of love though.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - DanteriusAvius - 01-31-2023

Minor point of clarification, unless it was changed and I missed it, Bone Blades is a flat power buff, not an AP one. (As in it buffs based on your flat pow, not total power)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - ratqueen - 01-31-2023

i just got 60%'d by a bone / insectomancy build so i am legally prohibited from whinging about those, but i will say that im of the opinion that moving vines to intermediate is better than sticking it behind the summoning tree.

nature has 80RPP worth of basics to choose from at present after the introduction of rolling vines, that is more than plenty for there to be options. of the other base elemental trees, air has 70, water has 70, earth has 60, fire has 60, energy has 70, and illusion has 70. i'm in camp move vines to intermediate and i say this despite knowing it makes my own build 10rpp more expensive and that i'll have to drop my first mastery until 210.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - asin - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 03:03 AM)DanteriusAvius Wrote: Minor point of clarification, unless it was changed and I missed it, Bone Blades is a flat power buff, not an AP one. (As in it buffs based on your flat pow, not total power)

this is correct. and also the 12 sd heal has a -1000HP upfront cost, making it around 8 sd instead

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kiha - 01-31-2023

(01-31-2023, 03:03 AM)DanteriusAvius Wrote: Minor point of clarification, unless it was changed and I missed it, Bone Blades is a flat power buff, not an AP one. (As in it buffs based on your flat pow, not total power)

all AP buffs do this, its stacks with the rest of the present AP you have for its duration, so 10% from windwalker becomes 20%

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - amaysel - 01-31-2023

as a disgusting insectmancy and armed user, this shit aint cool man