Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - TheHopscotch - 01-26-2023

Unarmed is not weak, stop propagating this meme.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Avee - 01-26-2023

(01-26-2023, 04:43 PM)TheHopscotch Wrote: Unarmed is not weak, stop propagating this meme.

They say weatherman is the only job where you can be catastrophicly wrong about something, and not be fired.

Also buff melee and blood.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Dazzer - 01-27-2023

Change Ocean's Fury's 'chance of lifedrain'
Either increase chance or give it a flat level of life steal on it, so it works better. Right now you're lucky to get one proc of life steal in a whole fight.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Ohverride - 01-27-2023

As an ice user I'll put this out there: it seems Glacial Lance ticks are dependent on the amount of tiles that stack on top of eachother. One tile by itself is easy to avoid and the damage is fair, but when they stack it shreds. The issue is involved with how the tiles generate - which is both good and bad. This means that if tiles stack they can absolutely tear, but they have an equal chance to completely whiff.

I'm not sure what the balance philosophy is with the ability, the RNG of tile generation could technically be considered the balancing factor for the ability.

I'd say if consistency were desired, it could instead make a trail of singularly placed ice tiles like black binding. It guarantees higher area coverage without the concentrated shredding ice tile stacks.

Then again, I could be wrong about the tile stacking, but that's seemingly observable on smaller stacks of the tile.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - asin - 01-29-2023

I would say the problem is more lightspeed than sanc flash. with no lightspeed it’s easily avoidable and can be kited —but when you’re teleported on out of nowhere -then- there’s little counter play. otherwise just slow the holy user and walk away

edit: just add a brief charge timer onto lightspeed, even if it’s just half a second so an observant player can try to block or shield or invul if they catch it

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - ACuriousGrey - 01-29-2023

It's been said it chronicles a number of times, but simply make lightspeed a master now since there's a new intermediate and a new basic in light to fill out the tree. Fixes the lightspeed problem of being so powerful by forcing people to choose it as one of their valuable mastery tokens over a master aura or the free stats from a master stance.

Not my original idea but one that's definitely been repeated over and over again, and one I agree with as a light (and lightspeed) user. Watch the number of lightspeed users dwindle.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Dazzer - 01-30-2023

With all Dash Drags of similar kind (Shadow Dive, Energy Ball, etc) having far superior damage to Lariat, it's probably time for a buff.
Noting the lower CD i think 12-4 damage is more balanced given the others are all 18/19 (with longer CDs)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - asin - 01-30-2023

in the same way Shadow Dive has a brief half second stun at the end so the user isnt punished for landing a spell —give the same thing to spiral bomb, bone drill and lariat because as of right now your target can tap a spell and hit you immediately (with the exception of the shadow version)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lt. Heart - 01-30-2023

So I'll probs catch some down votes for some of this statement but hear me out.

True Counter - Low CD full damage reflect, easily the best spell in game whose only counter play is to break like 9 tiles from the caster, offering them safety from potential followup for the self root of the spell. Its truly over tuned and I believe it should be looked into either A: Increase its base CD a bit so its not up so often or B: Reduce its Reflect a little bit as no other reflect does 100% of the damage hit, it completely outshines its other reflect counterparts and over all just really unhealthy/not fun to play against.
--------------------------
Occult and Holy AoE: These spells are kinda meh in application, they do okay dmg but their base CD is extremely high 40 seconds is amongst the highest on AoE fields of the sort and yes I'm aware their range is amongst the best its still really easy to step out of these due to no utility like some withhold. Also, the mana cost on Desecrated lands is obsurd....Would it be considered to reduce these CD's like 6 seconds[34] to help them shine a bit more in general play?
Occult Imps: These things still don't take dmg to my knowledge, just feels bad considering the Raw DPS they can output.
Life Bomb: With the self root and lack of stun it can easily be avoided but so say it does get a stun like other sears, I would only ask for a slight dmg reduction to compensate for that for atm its really good when it gets like 3 ticks dmg doing a hyper load of dmg in general within just a short exposure.
Finally ShadowDive: The spell has really high impact, high CD but with Spiral bomb doing more dmg at a fraction of the Base CD of its Dive counterpart would it be considered to reduce Shadow Dives CD to 30-32 from the 35 CD it sits at atm.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Kiha - 01-30-2023

Expedience, gravity's aura, has a really neat E that almost never seems to actually make contact. It has gone through people and not activated, I am not sure why, so perhaps a change on it to be a tad bit less whimsical would have more people opting to use the otherwise pretty good ability. Maybe have them function something like orbs of decay or stay stationary around you like desert fury's sprite art rotating? It would still require dangerous maneuvers to make them hit, but not be so distinctly unreliable and inconsistent.