Chronicles of Eternia
Spell Balance Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spell Balance Suggestions (/thread-585.html)

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Lt. Heart - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 02:43 AM)Drive Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 02:37 AM)Lt. Heart Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 01:30 AM)MuscleWizzard Wrote: Prebuff the numbers are
14 initial + 6 bleed for a total of 20sd

Post buff is
18 initial + 4 bleed for a total of 22sd

Fatal had the damage regardless, just not front loaded. Landing fatal didn't become easier. The spell doesn't move faster. Nor did it get a cooldown decrease. You're just allowed to actually benefit from a crit on the front loaded damage in a large way. If fatal was really overtuned, we'd see more armed magi but......

You know how that goes.

I am aware of the numbers of before and after but front loading it as such wasnt really needed + at 22 sd it does more dmg than most masters as a basic
fight as a melee
see how many times you land fatal
there's ur answer...

Again I am a fatal user, its really not that hard to land especially with the dash fatal mechanics that increase its hitbox and range a ton.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Simonh2000 - 11-27-2022

I've never had trouble landing flameslide when I used it in the past, and that was before the unneeded buff. I hate to call it a skill issue, but - it's literally a skill issue. If you can land a whip then why can't you land something close-range like flameslide? Not to mention how powerful using it mid-dash is.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Sanguine415 - 11-27-2022

I generally use metal whip to land flameslide because it centers the target in front of you. That said, it's an intermediate and is on par with intermediates in almost every tree. I do not believe it is particularly offensive, just dodge when they go in if they have it. It has a blatant tell since you have to go in.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - RainIsABirb - 11-27-2022

(11-27-2022, 10:15 PM)Simonh2000 Wrote: I've never had trouble landing flameslide when I used it in the past, and that was before the unneeded buff. I hate to call it a skill issue, but - it's literally a skill issue. If you can land a whip then why can't you land something close-range like flameslide? Not to mention how powerful using it mid-dash is.

The thing is that flameslide is, again, buried in a tree full of shit basics. While other beam equivalents are basics in trees full of better spells- Explo/Plasma, again, is a much better combination than Fire/Explo. And landing an instant whip is different than a fairly sluggish runspeed dash, even with a pretty generous hitbox to its name, and even with janky dash tech.

Regardless of it being 16SD+burn ticks, there's a reason you don't see everyone and their mother running Flameslide combos.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Moloch - 11-27-2022

fire doesn't have shit basics

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Raihex - 11-27-2022

add something of value for once Bruce SMH smH sMh Smh xx

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Detective100 - 12-03-2022

Volcanic Eruption
All I'm suggesting is to add some kind of visual indicator for the AoE attack's max range. I've seen too many people walk out of its range only to go back in and get KOed, myself included.

Earthquake has a visual indicator of its AoE, can we do something similar to Volcanic Eruption?

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Raihex - 12-03-2022

(12-03-2022, 09:18 PM)Detective100 Wrote: Volcanic Eruption
All I'm suggesting is to add some kind of visual indicator for the AoE attack's max range. I've seen too many people walk out of its range only to go back in and get KOed, myself included.

Earthquake has a visual indicator of its AoE, can we do something similar to Volcanic Eruption?

Earthquake's visual clues are about as telling as Volcanic Eruption's lava pools.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - Teemo - 12-05-2022

Basic 10% Cast Buffs suck. Plasma Overcharge, Bone Blades, Aera, etc.

In the completely unrealistic scenario of landing my entire high-damage, high-risk bar in a span of 8 seconds (impossible lol) I deal an extra 9 spell damage every 25 seconds with overcharge.

It really doesn't warrant losing a slot where you could just put an intermediate homing or AOE that has a better ratio, i.e Illusion Flurry, Wound Reversal. Plasma Overcharge constricts you to two elements without any secondary benefit besides a shitty trail. Bone Blades makes your Bone Lance AOE but doesn't even share the same CD as it. So you either have to hold it for your second rotation or use your second Boneblades while no spells are up. It's practically 10% AP every 60 seconds.

RE: Spell Balance Suggestions - LittleFirebird - 12-05-2022

No one tell Teemo bone blades buffs heals too unlike just about any other cast-buff in the game.

(On a more serious note, most buffs I agree are not worth it.)